X3 Owners' thread

Desertpilot

• Retired
Re: X3 Owners' thread
« Reply #120 on: 16 Sep 2021, 10:55 pm »
I had a little scare today.  As you know, I purchased a third X3 for center channel duties.  Today, I was playing a Jazz album (CHRIS BOTTI, NIGHT SESSIONS in 5.1 multichannel, DSD 64).  Lots of bass.  As I was listening, I thought the center channel was not producing enough bass.  I felt the rear of the bass driver on all three speakers.  The left and right speakers were pulsing away.  But, the center channel sub was barely moving.  My heart dropped.  I thought I got a defective speaker.  So, I swapped the left and center channel speaker wires.  Whew!  Center channel sub was rockin' and rollin'.  Left channel sub was quiet.  Must be the way the music was mixed.

Marcus

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #121 on: 17 Sep 2021, 02:27 am »
I had a little scare today.  As you know, I purchased a third X3 for center channel duties.  Today, I was playing a Jazz album (CHRIS BOTTI, NIGHT SESSIONS in 5.1 multichannel, DSD 64).  Lots of bass.  As I was listening, I thought the center channel was not producing enough bass.  I felt the rear of the bass driver on all three speakers.  The left and right speakers were pulsing away.  But, the center channel sub was barely moving.  My heart dropped.  I thought I got a defective speaker.  So, I swapped the left and center channel speaker wires.  Whew!  Center channel sub was rockin' and rollin'.  Left channel sub was quiet.  Must be the way the music was mixed.

Marcus

Is it hooked to a receiver or an HT pre-pro?  If so, check to make sure the center channel is set to "Full Range".

Desertpilot

• Retired
« Reply #122 on: 17 Sep 2021, 12:41 pm »
Is it hooked to a receiver or an HT pre-pro?  If so, check to make sure the center channel is set to "Full Range".

No pre/pro or receiver.  Music from DAC direct to my amplifier.  It is all good now that I checked and verified sub is working properly.

Marcus

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #123 on: 28 Oct 2021, 06:41 pm »
Just got notified, my X3's are being delivered on Monday - woot!!

morganc

« Reply #124 on: 28 Oct 2021, 07:30 pm »

Congrats!

Daryl Zero

« Reply #125 on: 28 Oct 2021, 08:36 pm »

Yes, congrats.

Desertpilot

• Retired
« Reply #126 on: 1 Nov 2021, 03:04 am »

Tyson.  Awesome news.  You are going to love them!

Marcus