Spatial M4T and dspmini crossover...biamping crossover slopes

Manolo

• Consulting Structural Engineer
Waiting for a dspmini2x4hd to experiment with eq. for my Ripole subwoofers... But what the heck, might as well experiment with biamping the M4's..., so, I know the crossover is 800 hz but don't know the corresponding slopes for the tweeter hp and woofer section lp filters. If Clayton could assist I would appreciate
it.

Spatial Audio

Waiting for a dspmini2x4hd to experiment with eq. for my Ripole subwoofers... But what the heck, might as well experiment with biamping the M4's..., so, I know the crossover is 800 hz but don't know the corresponding slopes for the tweeter hp and woofer section lp filters. If Clayton could assist I would appreciate
it.

The slopes are 24dB, but equalization functions are also part of the passive crossover, so they would not sound right with just high and low pass functions alone. I would not recommend bi-amping them for that reason.

Manolo

Re: Spatial M4T and dspmini crossover...Ripole sw integration
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2017, 11:42 pm »
Ok! Thanks. I already set a lp filter for the ripole subwoofers and the hp filter for the spatials. Now I can really appreciate what the ripole can do, also included  a high pass rumble filter at 20 hz at a 48 db slope + an eq of +3d at that same frequency. Strangely, after trying out a lot of hp and lp filter combinations the best and most musical was an lp filter set at 80 hz and a hp filter set at 160 hz both using Butterworth 12db filters. The bass is very tight, contolled and very dynamic. Previous to this setup I had a passive hp line filter with a cap at 80 hz and a lp filter in the Ripole Crown xls amp. set at 80 hz also but knew it could be done better.

Manolo

Finally, got it right, I think. filters for low and high frequencies, 80 hz. 6db BW for the Spatials and 48db BW for the sw. High pass filter for subwoofers set at 15hz 48db and a 6db hump at 30 hz. Controlled and very fluid bass with really strong low response.