Price Drop - For Sale: Von Schweikert 5.1 system in matching dark cherry

Malbec Man

For sale is my painstakingly acquired, matching, Von Schweikert 5.1 speaker set.  It consists of two VR-2s for right and left mains, LCR-15 for the center, VR-S1 for the sub, and two TS-210s for surrounds, all in matching dark cherry.  If bought new, these speakers would cost ~$6,000.  These speakers come from a pet/smoke/child/party free home and are well cared for.  They are only used roughly 2-3 days per week as my wife and I travel for work.  Please do yourself a favor and Google these speakers; they easily compete with speakers costing 4-5x what they do.  This is the perfect opportunity to get an amazing 5.1 system from a well-respected company for a song.  I am only selling as I am upgrading within the Von Schweikert line.

The VR-2s produce a wonderful soundstage and almost completely disappear when listening to music.  Albert’s classical training really shows through on how they handle live string instruments and vocals, it’s almost spooky how real they make the experience!  They also deliver serious low-end punch; many of my good friends who also dig AV gear have asked “Why do you listen to stereo music with your sub on?”  The answer is simple, “I don’t, my mains go lower than your sub.”  The VR-S1 may be small, but it goes to depths well beyond any sub I have heard under $4,000.  The onboard amplifier was replaced about a year ago with one of the newer modules because of a hum from the old one.  The sub is amazing, and I have only ever turned the back volume control up to 1.5 out of 10.  The LCR-15 and the TS-210s are incredible!  The surrounds weigh more than most home theater subs!  Very well built; they also have the dipole-tripole switch so they can match easily with any system or configuration.  These could also serve well as right and left mains for a smaller setup, or be added to an existing system as side-surrounds.

There are some minor blemishes on top of the left main channel (dent in finish 0.2” x 0.5”, you cannot see this unless you are right up on it looking down), top right of center channel (hairline scratches 1.5” x 0.5” total, would never see unless right on top of it), and on front face of the sub (1” x 1” dent in finish, and one small area where the finish was worn through).  All of these happened 4 years ago during my move from Houston to Boston when the moving company had a truck tip over on a Texas highway (lucky me!).  There are no other identifiable marks, and they are sonically perfect.  I would rate everything a solid 8/10 except for the sub which is 6-7/10 only because the ding in on the front panel. 

I have original manuals and bags for the VR-2s and the LCR-15, and heavy duty spikes with saucers for the VR-2s and the VR S-1 (trust me, you do NOT want to use the spikes alone on a wood floor!), and can obtain digital copies of the owner’s manuals if you would like.  Because of space constraints (if you live in Boston or Manhattan you understand) I do not have original boxes or shipping containers.  I will have the speakers professionally packed and shipped via carrier of your choice, alternatively I can meet you within 60 mile radius of Boston, or if you live in Boston I can help you set them up.  The mains weigh ~95lbs apiece, center is ~20lbs, sub about 40lbs, and surrounds are about 25lbs each.  If you are in the area and would like to audition them, feel free to pm me.  I accept cash (if local), personal check (must wait for it to clear), or PayPal (buyer pays PayPal 4% fee).

If set is purchased at asking price, I will include: 8ft Monster Cable MCX-1 (for center),  20ft Monster M800 subwoofer cable, and two 20ft custom built 7AWG, OFC bi-wire speaker cables (mains).  The right and left channel cabling have a pretty good WAF (wife acceptance factor) as it looks a little like the Burberry pattern.  All measurements are approximate as they are currently behind walls.

Please email with questions/concerns.  I can take specific photos for you if you would like and email them directly to you.  Retail new $~6,000; asking $3,500.

I will reply as soon as I can, my work blocks this website.  I will reply within 12-14hours.  Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: 10 May 2013, 12:28 am by Malbec Man »

boe

Hello,

Did you end up selling the TS speakers?