Looking for New Home for my VS VR-4jr Mark IV Speakers

len

I've been a member here for a long time but haven't posted in many years.  If this is an inappropriate post, moderator, please just take it down. 
I have original plywood carton and am in NY metro.  Thanks.

SFDude

Re: Looking for New Home for my VS VR-4jr Mark IV Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2023, 11:23 pm »
It's really a shame you're clear across the US from me. Otherwise, I'd pick these up. Whoever gets these will be lucky and I'm sure you'll be a bit sadder for the loss. Best of luck with sale!

nymarty

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2023, 07:15 pm »
I used to have a pair of VS VR-4 speakers about 25 years ago in a pretty big pre-war living room in Riverdale, NY.  Loved those speakers.  Unfortunately my music room is a lot smaller now.  Not sure the juniors would work in my 12' x 22' x 9' ceiling room.  Currently running Vandersteen 3a Signatures in that room and they're a little big for it.  Why are you selling them?   They are the upgraded juniors, right?  They must sound amazing.

len

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2023, 05:38 pm »
The speakers are sold.

dpatters

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2023, 08:28 pm »
I still have a pair in my secondary system. Still sound fantastic

Don P.

magister

« Reply #5 on: 8 Dec 2023, 12:24 am »
I also own a pair of IV-jr’s, purchased new about 20 years ago (I guess . . . Time flies). For the first 15 years I owned them, they were used mainly on weekends. After retiring, I moved to my former weekend home full-time, so they have seen more use recently. A few years ago, I looked into getting them upgraded but didn’t, partly because I didn’t have the cash at the time and partly because the idea of packing up and shipping them was daunting.

Recently I’ve been wondering if it’s time for a speaker upgrade. The jr’s still sound very good, but I’ve upgraded a lot of other components in the meantime.  I need speakers that are physically small to fit in my room (one of the reasons I bought these originally). My maximum price would be around $10,000, and I’m not sure I could get anything better for that money. Any thoughts?

JackD

« Reply #6 on: 8 Dec 2023, 03:37 am »
Might want to take a look at these just released.  The two larger models have gotten rave reviews from owners and reviewers alike.  Plus you can trade in other gear to lower the end price.  Any way 30 day free in home trial.

https://www.psaudio.com/products/aspen-fr10-loudspeaker

len

« Reply #7 on: 8 Dec 2023, 04:00 am »
I also own a pair of IV-jr’s, purchased new about 20 years ago (I guess . . . Time flies). For the first 15 years I owned them, they were used mainly on weekends. After retiring, I moved to my former weekend home full-time, so they have seen more use recently. A few years ago, I looked into getting them upgraded but didn’t, partly because I didn’t have the cash at the time and partly because the idea of packing up and shipping them was daunting.

Recently I’ve been wondering if it’s time for a speaker upgrade. The jr’s still sound very good, but I’ve upgraded a lot of other components in the meantime.  I need speakers that are physically small to fit in my room (one of the reasons I bought these originally). My maximum price would be around $10,000, and I’m not sure I could get anything better for that money. Any thoughts?

I cannot recommend the upgrade.  I've sent you a PM.