BePure 2's in curly maple with rose-red dye - SOLD

jsalk

BePure 2's in curly maple with rose-red dye - SOLD
« on: 30 May 2023, 02:07 pm »

This pair of BePure 2's was veneered in curly maple and shot with a rose-red dye.

Here's a picture...

This pair was in production before our March price increases.  Built today, this would run $8499.  This pair is available at the original price of $6395, plus shipping, and is available now.

NOTE:  This is the last pair of BePure 2's available at this price.  Any new order at this point would be for the prices listed on our BePure 2 web page.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2023, 06:27 pm by jsalk »

TerryWI

Re: BePure 2's in curly maple with rose-red dye
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2023, 03:08 pm »
After owning BePure 2's and listening in my home for 4 weeks now, if you are on the fence about these speakers - don't be!  No pictures illustrate how great they look in person and no written descriptions convey how awesome they sound with your music!   :thumb:

GlennDog

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2023, 09:58 pm »
Are these available for audition or boxed up?

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2023, 11:02 am »
Hi Jim. I am interested in these.

Can you compare then to the BMR towers I am now using in my home system.

Frank

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2023, 02:36 pm »
Are these available for audition or boxed up?

As of today, they are not boxed up.  But a number of people expressed interest in them, so they will likely be packed up real soon.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2023, 03:08 pm »
Hi Jim. I am interested in these.

Can you compare then to the BMR towers I am now using in my home system.

Frank

Dennis did a fantastic job with the BMR Towers.  They are an incredible value and a fine speaker in every respect.

The difference here is mainly due to the Purifi woofers.  The BePure line is by far the best line of speakers we have ever produced.  Credit goes to the engineers at Purifi.  These long-throw woofers play deeper than one should expect for drivers of their size.  But the major benefit is the low level of distortion.  These are the lowest distortion woofers ever produced.  So they play quite deep for their size and, at the same time, play pristinely clean midrange.  No other woofer comes close to their performance. 

After listening to them for a while, the word I think describes them best is "effortless." 

If we continued designing speakers for the next twenty years, I doubt we would ever top the BePure line.  I just can't imagine anyone producing lower-distortion drivers.  In my opinion, these drivers represent the greatest advance in speaker technology in my time designing speakers (and perhaps in my entire lifetime).

I often told the guys here at the shop that as soon as we build the perfect speaker, we'll close our doors and go home since there's no room for improvement.  I wouldn't be so brash as to say that these speakers are perfect (no speaker is), but they are as close as we are likely to get no matter how long we continued to build speakers. They are that good! So it seems like a good time to move on to the next endeavor. 

- Jim

Boybees

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2023, 07:43 pm »
If we continued designing speakers for the next twenty years, I doubt we would ever top the BePure line.

My sense of anticipation (already high) about the arrival of my own BePure2s, just went to another level.

:bowdown:

Rocket

Re: BePure 2's in curly maple with rose-red dye - SOLD
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2023, 04:05 am »
Hi Guys,

Looks like these speakers will be travelling to Perth, Western Australia, pretty soon. I remember back in the day a member saying I was a Salk Sound 'fanboy'. I guess I am as I've had Jim deliver to Australia a pair of HT2, HT3 and now Bepure 2's. I also bought a secondhand pair of Song 3's locally. Now I will have to sell 2 pairs of speakers :(.

Cheers Rod
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2023, 12:33 pm by Rocket »

rowdyrobot

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jun 2023, 04:21 am »
Enjoy! Pretty cool to get the last pair available.

AllanS

« Reply #9 on: 29 Jun 2023, 10:28 am »
Hi Guys,

Looks like these speakers will be travelling to Perth, Western Australia, pretty soon. I remember back in the day a member saying I was a Salk Sound 'fanboy'. I guess I am as I've had Jim deliver to Australia a pair of HT2, HT3 and now Bepure 2's. I also bought a secondhand pair of Song 3's locally. Now I will have to sell 2 pairs of speakers :(.

Cheers Rod

I think it’s fitting they should go to a Salk connoisseur half way round the world!

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2023, 12:18 pm »
Hi,

I really have a top notch system and the Bepure 2's are the final piece in my system. I was very happy with my HT3's but I had a divorce and I have a smaller place. The smaller footprint and front port will be excellent for the size of room I have. I really don't know of any other speaker manufacturer in the world that can do what Salk Sound can.

Cheers Rod

GregC

« Reply #11 on: 2 Jul 2023, 05:57 pm »
Hi Rod,

Sorry to hear about your divorce, but congrats on the BePure speakers.  It would be interesting to hear what you think of the PePure speakers in your system since you have a long history with the different models of Salk speakers.

Greg

Rocket

« Reply #12 on: 3 Jul 2023, 12:14 pm »
Hi Greg,

Yes of course I'll post my thoughts. The divorce was self inflicted and apart from a smaller house and music room I've landed on my feet :). In reference to the Salk Sound HT3's they are truely spectacular. My friend has them and uses SST Thoebe preamplifier and Amzpilla II amplifier. He has a dedicated room and the HT3's sound so much better than in my house due to the size of his room.

I am quite happy with the Song 3's which work better in my room than the HT3's due to their smaller size and front port.  The be pure 2's should be much better.

Cheers Rod

Rocket

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2023, 01:12 pm »
Hi Guys,

The Bepure 2's have landed in Perth, Western Australia and are just awaiting customs clearance. I'm having DB Schenker do the customs clearance paperwork for me as its far easier than me trying to do it. They told me that they could clear customs in 2 days or 2 weeks just depends on how much has to be checked.

Cheers Rod

Jeff in the D

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2023, 04:46 pm »
Hiya Rod,
Talk about a long trip! From Pontiac MI to Perth WA, around 11,000 miles or 17500 km. Here's hoping they arrived unscathed. They look fabulous in the photos.
enjoy,
Jeff

rowdyrobot

« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2023, 12:10 am »
How do they say PARTY TIME in Australia?!  :thumb:

GregC

« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2023, 03:09 am »
The divorce was self inflicted and apart from a smaller house and music room I've landed on my feet :).

Hi Rod,

Divorce is a painful life event but at least it was on your terms and you landed on your feet.  The Salk speakers should be a nice distraction.

Cheers,
Greg

Rocket

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jul 2023, 12:23 pm »
Hi Guys,

The speakers were delivered today and I've set them up in my listening/tv room.  I know the space isn't the greatest to get the most from these speakers but its the best I can do. I won't go into great detail how they sound as I'm no good as a reviewer.  The midrange and top are crystal clear and the bass is so very very tight.  I'm not disappointed at all.  My upgraditis has finally been tamed.

Thanks Jim for letting me buy these speakers.

Cheers Rod
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2023, 09:48 am by Rocket »

TerryWI

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jul 2023, 03:33 pm »
Congrats & enjoy!  They look fantastic!   :thumb:

monte

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jul 2023, 03:39 pm »
They’re absolutely beautiful, and listening to what they build at Salk I’m sure they sound amazing