Any Maestro reviews out soon?

Raster

« on: 26 Jan 2006, 09:32 pm »
I've heard nothing but good things about ACI and this sub. Very likely to purchase soon. Any reviews about to be published? :?:

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2006, 12:05 am »
Raster:

No reviews in the pipeline right now for the Maestro. For nearly two years we've tried to catch up with orders on this beast and we're STILL running behind. Until we cut our lead time, I can't see sending one off for review.

Of course I always believe the best reviewer is the customer who checks it out in THEIR system. Still haven't had a SINGLE Maestro come back under the 30 day money-back guarantee :)

Harry P

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2006, 12:41 am »
I'd give you my review but I don't have mine yet  :mrgreen:

I can tell you that I love my Force subs. And if the Maestro really sounds like six of them together, well hot freakin dog!

Evan

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2006, 06:22 pm »
Give me two weeks.  I am suppose to receive my Maestro today and I received my Sapphire XL's three weeks ago.  Work has been kicking my ass, but once I break in the Maestro I was going to post my thoughts.  First, independently concerning the XL's, then independently concerning the Maestro, then a combination of the two.  I also have 25th Anniversary Sapphires I am going to use as a comparison.  Expect me to have a pretty detailed review out here by Mid-Late February.  I only have about 30 hours of time on the XL's so it's even a little premature to review those bad boys.

Harry P

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2006, 12:55 am »
You'll find this very interesting, be sure to read it all the way through. A whole pile of eye openers if you ask me

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=637750

Raster

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2006, 03:37 pm »
Quote from: Harry P
You'll find this very interesting, be sure to read it all the way through. A whole pile of eye openers if you ask me

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=637750

Harry that is some interesting stuff! Everyone should see this! Crazy I tell you, just crazy!

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2006, 03:39 pm »
Quote from: Evan
Give me two weeks.  I am suppose to receive my Maestro today and I received my Sapphire XL's three weeks ago.  Work has been kicking my ass, but once I break in the Maestro I was going to post my thoughts.  First, independently concerning the XL's, then independently concerning the Maestro, then a combination of the two.  I also have 25th Anniversary Sapphires I am going to use as a comparison.  Expect me to have a pretty detailed review out here by Mid-Late February.  I only have about 30 hours of time on the XL's so it's even a little premature to review those bad boys.

Evan I look forward to your report. After reading the LONG thread on AVS that Harry posted, I've pretty much made up my mind to get the Maestro on order myself.

Evan

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2006, 05:01 pm »
I just got my Maestro last night and took about two hours tweeking things to get solid integration with my main speakers.

I am no engineer and I don't have RTA capabilities to really integrate the minor details.  I pretty much use a Radio Shack sound meter and my own ears to find what I find to be a pleasing blend so my review will lack max output SPL levels and things of that nature.

Obviously I want to continue tweeking and breaking the Maestro in before I post my thoughts.  I also want to e-mail Mike D to gain some perspective on setup options as I want to maximize my investment here.

However, my first thoughts are already formulated.  This thing is impressive.  Moving up from a Titan, this thing blows the Titan away.  Guttoral and moving is the best way to describe it.  I was getting some serious impact from a physical sense that I never got from the Titan.  Sound quality appears to be nearly identical but my entire house was shaking during War of the Worlds last night and that never happened with my Titan.  I'm actually worried about how certain things are secured to my walls! (like my Essence, which is suspended from a custom shelf I created onto my wall...pictures of which can be seen on ACI's customer gallery on their website).  This should be a fun month of break in.

Harry P

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2006, 01:15 am »
Quote from: Evan
I just got my Maestro last night and took about two hours tweeking things to get solid integration with my main speakers.

I am no engineer and I don't have RTA capabilities to really integrate the minor details.  I pretty much use a Radio Shack sound meter and my own ears to find what I find to be a pleasing blend so my review will lack max output SPL levels and things of that nature.

Obviously I want to continue tweeking and breaking the Maestro in before I post my thoughts.  I also want to e-mail Mi ...

Evan, I found with my force subs that it was a matter of playing and listening. I kept asking Mike for the magic setup and he told me it was real easy to get it to sound good but to sound great took some real time with all the controls and placement.  I finally followed his advice and started to enjoy the process and found I could hear differences in just adjusting each control a bit at a time. I started to have fun with it and wow, it really works! And part of it is using music you know and love