Talisman SE powered towers . . . for a limited time only

Mike Dzurko

We are building a very limited number of Talisman towers featuring Force subwoofer amps for the subwoofer section . . .  essentially a pair of Panoramas with built in Force subs! If you've been dreaming of a high-performance tower loudspeaker that can really rock, with extended low frequency performance, amazing musicality, and stunning looks . . . this is the one.

http://www.audioc.com/speakers1/talisman/talismanse.htm

Mikeyb

« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2005, 05:54 pm »
Very cool!

Mike, can you tell us how the LE differs from the original (connections, drivers, crossover, AWS, etc.)?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2005, 06:24 pm »
Quote from: Mikeyb
Very cool!

Mike, can you tell us how the LE differs from the original (connections, drivers, crossover, AWS, etc.)?

Mikey:

Thanks! The SE is identical to the original Talisman except we have replaced the original amplifier and AWS EQ circuitry with Force amplification. Instead of the AWS control panel in the front there is an attractive black plate with the ACI logo. One thing we found with AWS is that so few people used the EQ functions! Too complicated, too intimidating, sounds so good without needing to, etc. What we gained by going to the Force amp was low end extension down to 20Hz and simplicity of use. The user still has control of the speakers in-room balance through the use of the volume control on the sub. We calibrate it at nominally "flat" here. If the user finds there room to be a bit bass heavy, they can dial it down a db or two. Same thing in reverse if they find they want a bit more bass.

Best of all, (outside of looks that our pictures don't do justice), the Talisman SE is one extremely musical speaker. Obviously it is perfect for high-end two channel use. It is also a great choice for a HT/Music system where the owner wants to be able to run two-channel bypass mode without subwoofer and not give up full range performance.

Harry P

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2005, 02:22 pm »
Brenda or Mike, anyh idea how long these will be available. Also, on the summer sale page it says $3500 and on the actual Talisman page it says $3900?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2005, 03:01 am »
Quote from: Harry P
Brenda or Mike, anyh idea how long these will be available. Also, on the summer sale page it says $3500 and on the actual Talisman page it says $3900?

Harry:

Impossible to tell how long we'll have availability on the SEs. When these cabinets and wood are sold, we're not making more. It could be a week or it could be a couple of months . . . once he word gets out.  I don't usually shout :) but for those who wish they could afford $10K on up full range speakers, these are there, or better in many ways .. . get in touch to discuss before they disappear.

suits_me

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2005, 03:21 am »
>One thing we found with AWS is that so few people used the EQ functions! Too complicated, too intimidating, sounds so good without needing to, etc.

It is sad that the market can't comprehend this, and brings various political matters to mind. But on topic, even here we have people posting about trying to EQ room nulls...not gonna happen.

Harry P

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2005, 03:32 pm »
Mike, are there any SEs left? They'd be perfect for someone I know>>>

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2005, 03:15 pm »
Quote from: Harry P
Mike, are there any SEs left? They'd be perfect for someone I know>>>

I'll have to check at the shop to be sure (I'm home right now). Last I knew, there were a couple cabinet sets. . . not sure what wood panels are left.  I hate to do this, but I will also be selling my own personal set of SEs soon. . . they're clear cherry.

Harry P

« Reply #8 on: 22 Nov 2005, 12:27 am »
I'll try to give a gentle push. He's one of those guys who sits on the fence until its too late then kicks himself. Maybe I'll just kick him now to save him the pain later. Mike why are you selling yours?