Dimmer function acting strange - JVC receiver and DVD player

cmalana

Ok - this is not necessarily audio related but I just got my JVC RX-ES1SL receiver yesterday and everything is going well so far except for one strange thing.  I have a JVC XV-FA900 DVD/CD/etc. changer also and when i use the 'dimmer' button on the remote, it doesn't dim the receiver, but rather the display on the changer! Normally this would not be a big deal, but the changer does not have a dimmer function (not on it's original remote or a button on the unit itself), and what happens is that the display on the changer dims to the point where it turns completely off (no display at all) and here's the problem, it stays there! It does not cycle back to full brightness even after repeatedly pressing the dimmer button (on the remote).  Only way I can get the display back was to unplug the power...and it seems to reset (thank goodness).

Anybody else run into this problem?  I guess I'm not using the dimmer function on the remote control now...(the dimmer button on the JVC receiver works fine).