VSA dinner with the President!

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
VSA dinner with the President!
« on: 17 Sep 2011, 08:18 am »
Due to the personal influence of our Philippines Distributor, Jack of Pure Sound Audio and his brother Jimmy, we were invited to a dinner with the President, members of their government, and a famous artist.  A SWAT team led the procession into one of the top restaurants in Manila where we were served a six course French dinner in a private room, guarded by guys carrying automatic weapons (that was really cool).  Their President, Mr. Aquino III, had purchased VR-4's from Jack, our Distributor, several years before the President was elected, so he was interested in meeting me! What an honor, it was an amazing evening; we smoked cigars after dinner and talked about hi-fi, assault rifles, wine, you name it!  In the photo, I'm the tall guy in the middle with white hair, my son Damon (Production Manager and CEO of VSA) was on my right, and to Damon's right, are Jimmy (VR-11 owner) and Jack (VR-9 owner).  To my left is the President, and next to him is Keith of Pure Sound Trading (our Distribution company owned by Jack), who owns dB-99's. 

JackD201

Re: VSA dinner with the President!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2011, 08:29 am »
It was indeed a wonderful night Albert! It was great that you got to meet our very genuine and down to earth President. I think you saw that despite being swept into office by a wide margin, President Aquino remains a regular guy, the same guy I served with as equals six years prior. We're lucky we have a President that hasn't let power go to his head. The SWAT looking guys were actually regular Hotel Security, the plain clothed, clean cut guys who appeared unarmed were the Secret Service :)

To complete the captions we have from left to right Industrial Designer/Sculptor/Artist Daniel de la Cruz (Unified 3s), PureSound partners Richie Diaz CFO, Keith Roy CEO, President Benigno Aquino III, Albert and Damon Von Schweikert, Jimmy Duavit, myself - Puresound CEW (Chief Ewok) and Sec. Mar Roxas of the Department of Transportation and Communication another former colleague of mine. Luckily they had a couple of hours to spare!

See you soon Albert, I've got my CES badges so there's at least a glimmer of hope I'll make Vegas this coming January.

Cheers!

Delacroix

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2011, 03:35 pm »
Well, I think this has got to be a first here -- truly an extraordinary gathering. Congratulations to all involved.  Encouraging to know that there are political leaders out there who take music and listening seriously, this can only be a good thing for everyone!

So Jack, did you take the opportunity to encourage the President to  step up the VSA range?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2011, 06:02 pm »
cigars ... assault rifles

I have to say, I'm now a VSA fan  :D

JackD201

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2011, 07:58 pm »
Well, I think this has got to be a first here -- truly an extraordinary gathering. Congratulations to all involved.  Encouraging to know that there are political leaders out there who take music and listening seriously, this can only be a good thing for everyone!

So Jack, did you take the opportunity to encourage the President to  step up the VSA range?

The poor guy gets a scant 2 or 3 hours a week to listen so upgrading isn't on his agenda. I'll get him when he's a private citizen again  :lol: :lol: :lol:

JackD201

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2011, 08:02 pm »
I have to say, I'm now a VSA fan  :D

We're into shooting and Tobacco yeah  :lol: I should quit smoking though  :evil:

The President is an accomplished marksman with both pistols and rifles. He's pretty good at 300 meters. I like plates at 150 meters with iron sights or red dots. I'm too excitable for the sniper stuff. The crosshairs go crazy when it's time to pull  :lol: :lol: :lol:

keith

« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2011, 06:43 am »
Albert, that was indeed a fun evening.  Thanks for posting the picture.

:thumb:

tmij

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2011, 06:28 pm »
Congratulations, Albert! Just remind Jack and Keith that that other guy Mar should also be subsumed into the VS family ;)

JackD201

« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2011, 07:06 am »
That's a thought!  :lol:

musicelb

« Reply #9 on: 9 Nov 2011, 06:34 pm »
It sounds like it was an awesome night and visit. Way to go Albert and Damon!