RMAF dinner Saturday Oct 16

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
RMAF dinner Saturday Oct 16
« on: 12 Oct 2010, 06:12 am »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles and VSA Owners,

Based on a survey of VSA owners who plan to attend RMAF, we have decided to organize the VSA dinner party to take place on Saturday night, Oct 16 (restaurant to be finalized on Saturday afternoon based on general cuisine and space availability).  We believe that approximately 15 or 20 guests have stated they will attend, so stop by either of our rooms to find out where the dinner will take place.

Cor Dekker (ceedee) will be our DJ in room #8032, and as the Brussels Show Reports trickle in, we have been notified that Cor's room featuring the VR-35 Export Deluxe was a standout.  He is quite a personality in Europe, so come to meet him in person!  If you have never heard a VSA speaker before, you might be truly amazed at Cor Dekker's system, which employes the KR "Kronzilla" tube amps and the Eera Tentation CD player - seriously, his system is in the running for "the best sound you've ever heard, cost-no object" (according to prelimary show reports from his Munich and Brussel shows).

In room #509 I will be featuring the VR-33 "underdog" using an Apple computer and hi-res downloads. We have several relatively inexpensive amps/preamp combos to choose from, so you'll be able to hear tubes versus solid state versus Class-D switching amps.  I am quite proud of the new VR-33, and though it is relatively "inexpensive," I believe it is a "game changer" as John Zurek claimed in his Positive Feedback review.

I know that a few VSA owners had dearly wished to hear the VR-77 or the new VR-9Mk2, but due to production issues on the final prototypes, we have decided to bring the VR-35 Export Deluxe instead.  If you want to hear what the VR-7SE can do, please contact fplanner (Harve) to arrange a demo at his home over that weekend.  Harve lives only 15 minutes from the RMAF site and I can personally endorse his system as being THE BEST VR-7 system I've heard.  Naturally, his 7's have the latest crossover mods and his system is smokin' as they say. You can find his contact info by clicking on one of his posts and it will take you to his AC email account.  Make your reservations with Harve soon, as he needs to plan his demo a few days in advance.

I wish to personally thank you all in person for your support over the past three decades of my career, so please stop by and/or attend the dinner if you can make it.  It will be great to see all of you in person!

Have a safe journey,

Albert Von Schweikert

Delacroix

Re: RMAF dinner Saturday Oct 16
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2010, 12:32 pm »
Excellent --- see you there! Looking forward to connecting with all you VSA Circle members and hearing some great music.

fplanner2000

Re: RMAF dinner Saturday Oct 16/ VR-7 demo
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:30 pm »
As I understand things, it was suggested that a good plan would be to hear my system for a while early Saturday evening and then go to dinner.  My house is about 15 minutes from the RMAF hotels.  It appears that we have a number of volunteers (4 plus ME) who will enough good sized vehicles sufficient to transport whoever wants to go.

Although the owner of Garcia;s is both a friend and client of mine, there are a number of good restaurants just off the interstate near my house. Good all-around would be Ruby Tuesdays (big salad bar, drinks, etc) or Applebee's (across the street from each other) or Outback Steakhouse (we'd have to wear masks) or Carraba's (same thing).  There are probably another dozen within a mile, but it seems we need a consensus pretty quick.

Please send me a PM as soon as possible if you'd like to hear the 7s (yes/no) and your dinner preference.  Also, if you have an amazing CD you want to hear(parts), bring that as well and let me know.  I'd like to do the auditions between about 5:00-6:45 and go to dinner from there.  If you just want to do dinner, we can meet you at whatever restaurant you decide at around 7:00.

fplanner2000

Re: RMAF dinner Saturday Oct 16/VR-7 DEMO
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:40 pm »
Hello Fellow Audiophiles and VSA Owners,

Based on a survey of VSA owners who plan to attend RMAF, we have decided to organize the VSA dinner party to take place on Saturday night, Oct 16 (restaurant to be finalized on Saturday afternoon based on general cuisine and space availability).  We believe that approximately 15 or 20 guests have stated they will attend, so stop by either of our rooms to find out where the dinner will take place.

Cor Dekker (ceedee) will be our DJ in room #8032, and as the Brussels Show Reports trickle in, we have been notified that Cor's room featuring the VR-35 Export Deluxe was a standout.  He is quite a personality in Europe, so come to meet him in person!  If you have never heard a VSA speaker before, you might be truly amazed at Cor Dekker's system, which employes the KR "Kronzilla" tube amps and the Eera Tentation CD player - seriously, his system is in the running for "the best sound you've ever heard, cost-no object" (according to prelimary show reports from his Munich and Brussel shows).

In room #509 I will be featuring the VR-33 "underdog" using an Apple computer and hi-res downloads. We have several relatively inexpensive amps/preamp combos to choose from, so you'll be able to hear tubes versus solid state versus Class-D switching amps.  I am quite proud of the new VR-33, and though it is relatively "inexpensive," I believe it is a "game changer" as John Zurek claimed in his Positive Feedback review.

I know that a few VSA owners had dearly wished to hear the VR-77 or the new VR-9Mk2, but due to production issues on the final prototypes, we have decided to bring the VR-35 Export Deluxe instead.  If you want to hear what the VR-7SE can do, please contact fplanner (Harve) to arrange a demo at his home over that weekend.  Harve lives only 15 minutes from the RMAF site and I can personally endorse his system as being THE BEST VR-7 system I've heard.  Naturally, his 7's have the latest crossover mods and his system is smokin' as they say. You can find his contact info by clicking on one of his posts and it will take you to his AC email account.  Make your reservations with Harve soon, as he needs to plan his demo a few days in advance.

I wish to personally thank you all in person for your support over the past three decades of my career, so please stop by and/or attend the dinner if you can make it.  It will be great to see all of you in person!

Have a safe journey,

Albert Von Schweikert

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2010, 10:43 pm »
Sounds good to me Harve,

I am about to leave now.

See you.

Cor

fplanner2000

« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2010, 12:18 am »
The "count" so far for music (7's) and dinner (Ruby Tuesday's won):
Cor, Albert, Damon (probably), Martin, Wayne, Jack B., Patrick.

Isaac?  Others?  Please let me hear from you.

Ruby Tuesdays Info:
14100 E. Iliff Ave
303-368-4757
Located just east on Iliff of the intersection of I-225 and Iliff, on the rt side of rd.
FROM HOTEL:  I-25N to I-225N, I-225N to Iliff Ave Exit (apx 6 miles), turn right - restaurant 950 yards on right.

They can accommodate us - and we won't be surrounded by lots of other audio/convention types. Reservation is for between 10-20 people arriving 7:00-7:30.  They have a very varied menu, moderate prices and serve alcohol.  Jeans work well here.

My House is 2 turns off Iliff a bit (3 milles) further east.  Directions when I see you.

PLEASE RSVP SOON!!

Thanks

Harve (Fplanner2000)

Delacroix

« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2010, 02:30 am »
Harve

thanks for taking this on. I'll need to grab a lift or cab from the show (or nearby Hilton where I'm staying) to get there, so I'll hope some of you are following those directions :)  I suspect we'll be seeing each other before then but just in case, it would be useful to agree a time to kick off!  And can we clarify -- is is dinner then Harve's or Harve's first, then dinner at Ruby T's?

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Patrick

fplanner2000

« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2010, 02:53 am »
Patrick and all-

Sequence is Harve's first,(anywhere between about 5 or 5:30 to start - tubes need to "get happy") then dinner.

The reason I laid it out this way, besides sanity of my neighbors, is so that whoever wants to come over to hear my system can do so and then dinner is on the way back to the hotel.  Conversely, those who wish to only eat can meet the gang after our listening session at between 7-7:30 at Ruby Tuesdays.  Therefore win-win for everyone.

Cabs shouldn't be needed - there are enough of us going - just find Albert, Jack or I, or any of the others that volunteered to drive.

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2010, 10:19 pm »
I am going to try and make it to the dinner. Another website Audioevo is having a get together Saturday night after the show so I won't be able to hear the 7's  :(

JackD201

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2010, 12:37 pm »
Drink a couple of Ruby Teas for me guys and don't trash Harve's place you rowdy bunch you!

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #10 on: 16 Oct 2010, 11:25 am »
guys, i'm bailing out at the last minute as i've had "stuff" come up..  You'll have to be our eyes and ears for this event.. please send pics and equipment critiques when convenient..  Jack B

fplanner2000

« Reply #11 on: 16 Oct 2010, 11:08 pm »
Listening to the 7's was moved by popular demand from meeting outside at 5pm to meeting at 6:15 outside the front door of the Marriott.  Dinner will consequently be pushed back to around 8pm at Ruby Tuesdays.  No problem.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2010, 01:39 pm »
Hello Harve,

Thanks for your invitation and hospitality.
It was great fun to meet you and your huge sound-system.

We enjoyed it very much.
You made a good choice having dinner at the 'Ruby Tuesday'  after the audition.

Hope we will meet again.

Regards,

Cor

fplanner2000

« Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2010, 03:07 pm »
Good morning!!  I trust everyone got back to the hotel safely.  It was my pleasure to have you all over and I know my dogs also enjoyed it.  they are pretty wiped out and possibly hung-over :roll:.  Thanks Albert for covering my Ruby Tuesday's experience - it was great fun as well.

Cor - I really enjoyed meeting with you and appreciate your insights into my system.  Albert is incredibly lucky to have you as a distributor and I'm sure he know that.  You added a lot of fun to the festivities last night and I know you got a lot of pictures and video for the others who couldn't be there.  Thanks again and also for that disc :D  I will try to come by later today when my brain cells catch up to me and the headache subsides.....

Delacroix

« Reply #14 on: 17 Oct 2010, 08:36 pm »
Harve -- all returned safely, and couple of us even had a nightcap in the bar. It was a great evening, from the beer and listening session at your house, to the lengthy conversations over dinner. Albert an co were in great form and there seemed to be a few toasts or three but memory is a bit fuzzy this morning. Thanks for your efforts in making this happen. Am back home and RMAF was a blast --I'll post some thoughts on what I heard when I can get a summary together but it's clear that the VR35s in Cor's room, with the KR amp and Tentation front end went over very well with many folks at the show. 

Best

Patrick

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #15 on: 17 Oct 2010, 11:20 pm »
Hey Cor,

It was a real pleasure to meet you and the VR-35 system sounded fantastic. I was bummed I could not make the dinner, but I had a customer I had to smooze. But I did have a chance to set down with Albert for about half an hour and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Great show and great fun!

Scott

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #16 on: 19 Oct 2010, 02:02 am »
The meeting at Harve's home was real fun.
Harve invited us for a beer in his 'auditorium' were he has company of two dynamic dogs.

Harve introduced his huge sound & vision system and played some tracks.
Very realistic sound and great fun with his upgraded 'Darth Vader' VR 7 SE.

Delacroix, Eric, Dr. Glenn, Albert & some friends of Harve

Dr. Glenn the dynamic dogs, a friend, Martin and Eric

« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2010, 01:39 pm by ceedee »

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #17 on: 19 Oct 2010, 02:09 am »
After the audition Harve surprized us with a visit at Ruby Thuesday for a nice meal.
Boy what a man this Harve. He is a real entertainer.

Look at this:

left to right: Harve, Hans Ole Vitus and his wife

Albert, Martin, Eric, Dr. Glenn.

same

Damon
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2010, 01:34 pm by ceedee »

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #18 on: 19 Oct 2010, 01:28 pm »
Great pix but how about some names with those faces.  I've figured out who Harve (Fplanner), Cor, Damon and Albert are but that's about it.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #19 on: 19 Oct 2010, 01:40 pm »
Hi Gavin,

Just put some names on.

Cor