SOLD: Von Schweikert (Vortex Acoustics) VR-35 Floorstanding Speakers

Todd R

SOLD

I’m selling my longtime reference speakers, The Von Schweikert VR-35 Export Deluxe Loudspeakers. asking$3100.
Southwest Michigan 49047

I’ve owned these speakers for about 6 years and have had no urge to change them.
I have a dedicated listening room now and have decided to try a different type of speaker.

Most of us have a stereo sharing the living room with the everything else. Do you not have room or not allowed to pull speakers far from the wall to get the best sound?

These are the solution!

These speakers are designed to be placed close to the wall, using it as an extension of the baffle. You still get a huge soundstage without tripping over speakers & cables that are pulled far from the wall. Very room & WAF friendly.

These are full range speakers and quite efficient with kick ass bass. I’ve driven them with everything from a 70-watt tube amp to a 250-watt solid state amp and they were all great matches.

These speakers can be bi-wired, and I suggest you use them that way, but jumpers are included in case you decide not to bi-wire.

I will send the buyer the PDF owner’s manual.

I have new shipping boxes (Bought for $400 from VSR) but would really prefer a local pick up. We can arrange an audition as well. The speakers are in my basement room and are heavy, so bring a helper to move them as I probably won’t be able due to a bad knee. If they must be shipped, I think that strapping them to a pallet and shipping by freight would be the best option.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0711/von_schweikert_vr_35_export_deluxe.htm
https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/271-von-schweikert-audio-vr-35-export-deluxe-loudspeakers
https://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/equipment-menu/271-von-schweikert-audio-vr-35-export-deluxe-loudspeakers
Frequency Response: 25 Hz to 30 kHz (+/- 3dB) Sensitivity: 90dB/W/m Impedance: 8 Ohms nominal, with a minimum of 5 Ohms @ 25 Hz.
Tweeter: 1" treated fabric dome, Danish-designed Dual Ring design with rear chamber for low resonance and powerful response down to the midrange band, Low Distortion Motor, and custom voice coil/top plate design for low distortion.
Midrange: Two Scan-Design 6" treated paper cast-frame bass-mids with low distortion motors, elevated spiders, copper clad pole pieces, and composite laminated cones using cellulose acetate pulp, plastic resin, and carbon impregnation to eliminate standing waves on the cone surface.
Crossover: First order circuit using "audiophile-grade" parts, with cross points set at 80 Hz and 6 kHz. All crossover parts are made by Mundorf and Erse, with custom solid copper foil capacitors insulated with Teflon dielectric film.
Subwoofer: Scan-Design custom 10" with Low Distortion Motor, laminated composite cone, elevated spider, long throw design, and copper clad pole piece.
Woofer Alignment: Quasi-transmission line design using three chambers, each tuned to a different resonant frequency to extend the bandwidth and reduce "one note bass" typical of ported boxes. Woofer "fires" at rear wall to boost the bass at 20 Hz by 3dB and can be "tuned" by user.
Power Rating: 35 watts minimum, up to 500 watts on peak music. Dimensions: 50 x 16 x 12 (HXWXD in inches) Weight: 115 lbs.
Will try to upload images, currently being blocked

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2024, 11:32 pm by Todd R »

GentleBender

I don't see a price or location.

Todd R

I've been trying to post pictures, it's not letting me.
Location is SW Mi 49047

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Price drop to .....(choose my price?) Even if you're having difficulties posting photographs, you - at the very least - have to post your asking price.

Todd R

Sorry about that. Copied from my other ad. Price is posted now.

RonN5

Try putting the pics in your gallery then post them from there.

Phil A

Todd R

Yes, that's them. Thanks