SOLD K+H (Klein und Hummel) o300 studio monitors

dburna

Re: F.S. K+H (Klein und Hummel) o300 studio monitors
« Reply #20 on: 17 Apr 2017, 08:00 pm »
Russell, would you comment on how these would work as a main speaker in a moderate-size room?  I have a pair of smaller Neumann (K&H) monitors that I use in a smaller system and have never noticed any of the clinical/sterile/etched sound with which many studio monitors are associated.  Have always been intrigued about how the "bigger brother" would work in a home environment.

Thanks,  -dB

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #21 on: 17 Apr 2017, 11:07 pm »
Depending on your definition of moderate and how loud you like to listen, and to what, they could work. They are intended as mid field monitors although their replacement, the KH310, is described as a near field monitor. I did some searching on the Neumann site, but could not find their current definition of near/mid field, but it's probably there. The larger KH410 would definitely fill any ordinary room, but has a little of that bass reflex sound which many like and, I think, describe as 'slam'.

These speakers have been sold (I thought I had removed the ad or posted that, but maybe not. They were coincidentally and most appropriately sold to an Asian fellow who was involved in the design of the replacement KH 310. He had 5 in China in a surround system and left them there and missed the sound of these. He filled me in on the background, including the fact that the mid dome of these was mfd by Dynaudio, whereas it is now of Chinese origin, as are the other drivers, I think.

They went to the perfect buyer!

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #22 on: 17 Apr 2017, 11:08 pm »
Notice to all:
These speakers are SOLD.

srb

SOLD: K+H (Klein und Hummel) o300 studio monitors
« Reply #23 on: 18 Apr 2017, 01:06 am »
If you modify the original first post subject title and replace the FS: prefix with SOLD: it will then actually show as sold in the topic lists.