Has anyone here built the Maggie LRS crossover kit?

drphoto

Has anyone here built the Maggie LRS crossover kit?
« on: 11 Feb 2024, 04:06 pm »
I took apart the first panel yesterday and am trying to figure out the wiring, as nothing is labeled. I though the two wires on the tweeter side would be for it (blue and green) but they go to the inductor. With my limited understanding, that tells me they are for the mid/bass panel. Correct? Thanks.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Has anyone here built the Maggie LRS crossover kit?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2024, 10:16 pm »
In most cases, you can follow the traces from the connection terminals to the bass/tweeter sections.
The bass panel traces typically go up then to the left & right.
The tweeter traces go up then either to the left or to the right, depending on if it is the left/right speaker.
There is also a polarity flip on the tweeter panel, so wire the crossover as though there is no polarity flip.
Then when you are ready to solder the wires to the terminals, that's when you flip the polarity.

So the wiring order from the crossover will be red then white, then white, then red.
The left speaker will have the bass terminals on the left and tweeter terminals on the right.
The right speaker will have the bass terminals on the right and the tweeter terminals on the left.

Hope that helps!

drphoto

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2024, 01:03 am »
Not really. The wires are from the foil traces are blue and green from one section, and white/black on the other. The output from the crossover to the terminals is red and yellow. Now what's really confusing me, is there is a brown wire that is connected to the inductor which goes to loop in the tweeter attenuation patch point on the stock connection panel. I thought inductors were low pass filters.....meaning for the bass section. I'm stumped.

The black/white pair go to the caps. Isn't that the high pass section?  I can post a pic or email to GR.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2024, 06:14 am »
Not really. The wires are from the foil traces are blue and green from one section, and white/black on the other. The output from the crossover to the terminals is red and yellow. Now what's really confusing me, is there is a brown wire that is connected to the inductor which goes to loop in the tweeter attenuation patch point on the stock connection panel. I thought inductors were low pass filters.....meaning for the bass section. I'm stumped.

The black/white pair go to the caps. Isn't that the high pass section?  I can post a pic or email to GR.

If you send Dany or I an email we'll help you figure it out.

drphoto

« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2024, 10:35 pm »
I want to publicly thank Hobbs for going out of his way to explain everything via email. GR has great customer support, and I appreciate him putting up w/ a newb to the mod world. :thumb: Will post impressions of modded LRS when I get it finished. Going to do one first and test against stock.