Mid-Atlantic audio vendors

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Mid-Atlantic audio vendors
« on: 22 Sep 2023, 02:07 am »
I want to make a list of Mid-Atlantic audio vendors: If you know a company that's within out district, please post it. Doesn't matter what they build or sell.

Please post:
company name
brief description of products and/or services
website information
Obviously, our own Hollis Audio Labs is on the list.

jpm

Re: Mid-Atlantic audio vendors
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2023, 10:04 pm »
Would NC be mid Atlantic? I'm not originally from these parts so maybe a definition could be handy?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2023, 10:45 am »
Would NC be mid Atlantic? I'm not originally from these parts so maybe a definition could be handy?

We have no specific boundaries and all are welcome.  Technically you could live in California or London and still be a Mid Atlantic kinda person.  But on a more practical level draw a circle around Washington DC as far as you want to drive in a day and that's Mid Atlantic.  And I suppose to be a true member in good standing you'd have to at least plan a visit to the Capitol City Audio Fest in November even if you haven't yet attended.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2023, 05:09 pm »

The Carolina's have their own Circle.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=69.0

But, The D.M.V. (DC/Maryland/Virginial seems to be the focal point of our region, and our area extends up a few states (Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and possibly West Virginia).

Capitol Audio Fest is our Superbowl, our Wrestle-Mania of our audio. It's something you definitely should attend since you are not far.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2023, 11:08 pm »
Linear Tube Audio

Mostly David Berning designed ZOTL amplifiers and preamplifiers, that are tube based and are output transformerless.

https://www.lineartubeaudio.com/

Located in Tacoma Park Maryland where they manufacture and have a small showroom.

Hackienet

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2023, 04:24 am »
Hi new here and hope I’m posting ok.  Empirical Design in Fairfax, VA is a provider of high end speaker cable, interconnects and power cords.