ICEpower Repair

johnvin01

ICEpower Repair
« on: 29 Nov 2019, 07:21 pm »
I have two Red Dragon MKIIs that were damaged last year in a lightning storm.
I need some help diagnosing the issue.
I am willing to compensate and am not looking for a freebie.
Even ,if anyone knows of a repair shop in NC that would help.
I'm in Raleigh
Thanks

bacobits1

Re: ICEpower Repair
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2019, 09:08 pm »
I would send those back to Red Dragon, Utah. Small enough really. Don't mess around.

johnvin01

« Reply #2 on: 30 Nov 2019, 01:39 am »
Unfortunately Ryan Tew has passed everything over to Wyred4sound. Thats who handles production and repair

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 30 Nov 2019, 02:25 am »
The power supply is on the same board as the amp, so it might need a new board.

Red Dragon website still says "Proudly Built in USA," and "Full 5 years warranty," so maybe there is a plan for ongoing support. Hopefully W4S can fix it within reasonable time and cost.

On a related note, I lost an appliance PCB in a spring storm so I installed a whole house surge protector. It was pretty easy to install, fwiw.

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2019, 12:12 pm »
Hi,

I've dealt with EJ of Wyred 4 Sound and they were great when I had a problem with my mono block ampzilla 2000's.  I shipped one mono block to the USA and they really looked after me on the repair price.  A previous technician damaged them and they were also out of warranty.  Btw I was so happy with EJ's handling of the matter I've just ordered a Ambrosia preamplifier and will have it shipped to Australia in the next couple of weeks.

I'd take them back to the experts.

Cheers Rod

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #5 on: 1 Dec 2019, 05:18 pm »
Do you know which ice modules the amps have? You may be able to buy them at Partsexpress. I had a blown module in a PS Audio amp which was easy to swap.

johnvin01

« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2019, 08:59 pm »
Hi,

I've dealt with EJ of Wyred 4 Sound and they were great when I had a problem with my mono block ampzilla 2000's.  I shipped one mono block to the USA and they really looked after me on the repair price.  A previous technician damaged them and they were also out of warranty.  Btw I was so happy with EJ's handling of the matter I've just ordered a Ambrosia preamplifier and will have it shipped to Australia in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers Rod

I may contact W4S again as I'm really missing them on my front end

johnvin01

« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2019, 09:00 pm »
Do you know which ice modules the amps have? You may be able to buy them at Partsexpress. I had a blown module in a PS Audio amp which was easy to swap.

ICEpower 250ASX2
I think they used to sell them but not anymore

GregC

« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2019, 01:40 am »
Hi,

Cheers Rod

I live a couple hours from the W4S office.  I agree that EJ is a good guy and looks after his customers.

Rocket

« Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2019, 12:03 pm »
Hi Guys,

Yes I agree too. EJ's customer service is great. There are lots of repairers who will have a go at repairing your amps but my experience is that they can do more harm than good.

Cheers Rod