Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

gdayton

• Industry Participant
Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #200 on: 16 Jan 2014, 03:52 am »
I think this is great. I think our dealers will find it much easier to integrate this with an automation system now too.

Marius

« Reply #201 on: 16 Jan 2014, 11:05 am »
HI Chris,

Indeed the least version 2014-01-09 ;-)

artist tag seems to be working, although a great amount of artists ont have art shown... Maybe ill check my cover.jpgs again. Other view render no result, other then the generic view built-in right now.
I guess no service action is required right now then. Thanks anyway.
Marius

currently it goes by the albumartist tag, however the final version will allow you to choose between going by albumartist or artist tags.  The screenshots above where taken from firmware 2013-01-09.  If you enable service mode and email me the service tag i can take a look as to why it isn't working and should be able to fix it in a future release.  I would check that your running the 2013-01-09 firmware first, it sounds like you are but the feature has been in development and included in the firmware since 2013-01-03.

Cheers,
Chris

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #202 on: 16 Jan 2014, 03:21 pm »
Are you all still seeing items which should usually be placed last in a list showing up first? For instance, a file titled 12-songtitle shows up before 01-songtitle?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #203 on: 17 Jan 2014, 02:05 am »
HI Chris,

Indeed the least version 2014-01-09 ;-)

artist tag seems to be working, although a great amount of artists ont have art shown... Maybe ill check my cover.jpgs again. Other view render no result, other then the generic view built-in right now.
I guess no service action is required right now then. Thanks anyway.
Marius

If it's just the default filler data showing the it's not working correctly.

Cheers
Chris

mario09

« Reply #204 on: 17 Jan 2014, 02:18 am »
Hi Chris,

How can I log in mysqueezebox account in Manic Mosse services? I clicked squeezeslave and advanced but nothing happened. Thank you very much for this feature!

mario09

« Reply #205 on: 17 Jan 2014, 02:23 am »
My BDP showed this message when I clicked Squeezeslave:PortAudio error7: No output devices found.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #206 on: 17 Jan 2014, 07:20 pm »
Hi Chris,

How can I log in mysqueezebox account in Manic Mosse services? I clicked squeezeslave and advanced but nothing happened. Thank you very much for this feature!

Hi Mario,

There isn't and advance menu, you simply turn the service on.  So far the feature just attaches its self to the first server it see's and gets its credentials from that server.  Also before you start using it you need to make sure that MPD's current playlist is empty.  If your unsure try stopping MPD and then starting squeezeslave.

Cheers,
Chris

gdayton

• Industry Participant
« Reply #207 on: 17 Jan 2014, 11:03 pm »
Great update just in time for the weekend! Really glad to have properly sorted folders now.

Marius

« Reply #208 on: 18 Jan 2014, 10:03 am »
yesterday I clicked AlbumView, and it started the sequence you described. Only to hang on 6% adding albums to BDP. Had to restart to get my BDP back to respond to anything, restarted the Album building and it still hangs, and is not available to anything on the network. Finder, MPOD, Manic Moose, nothing loads. Have to reboot again i guess.

Could this have to do with a rather large library, and the fact BDP1 only has a limited amount of memory? Diskspace is in available in abundance...
M

If it's just the default filler data showing the it's not working correctly.

Cheers
Chris

Marius

« Reply #209 on: 18 Jan 2014, 08:54 pm »
Chris,

on updating to version .17, MM shows version 2013.04.09 again..... :scratch:

Is it the update that went wrong, or a version mistake in the latest firmware ? Process report was al checked in order.

Marius

Marius

« Reply #210 on: 18 Jan 2014, 08:59 pm »
clicking Albumview gives this every time:

last time it went to 17% building creating Albums, then it hung again. Had to reboot, and start all over...
removed one of my harddrives, to see if that might help. Strange thing is the removed drive still is shown in MM, and i can select tracks  :scratch: :scratch:

not finished yet im afraid.

Marius

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #211 on: 18 Jan 2014, 10:02 pm »
yesterday I clicked AlbumView, and it started the sequence you described. Only to hang on 6% adding albums to BDP. Had to restart to get my BDP back to respond to anything, restarted the Album building and it still hangs, and is not available to anything on the network. Finder, MPOD, Manic Moose, nothing loads. Have to reboot again i guess.

Could this have to do with a rather large library, and the fact BDP1 only has a limited amount of memory? Diskspace is in available in abundance...
M

Hi Marius,

Could be the number of files, but unlikely due to how the "database" and files are generated; however I will test it with the larger 38,000 song database at work as it seems to work with my database at home (4,000 songs) with my BDP-1.  One thing I have noticed with the BDP-2 processing my work database is a few times on the second half it pauses for 15 or 20 seconds. 

Perhaps if you ran the command manual after making some minor edits to the program, the BDP should be sharing its filesystem from the root as a share labeled "ROOT".  open the file found at /var/www/mpd/albums.php; line 143 should be empty  and will be just after

Code: [Select]
logDone('Sorting music into Bryston DB:'.round($songsDone/$songCount*100).'%<br>'.$file);
add

echo $file."\n";
on line 143 just below the logDone line

then go down to line 242 which i think is also empty and again should be just after a logDone call and add

echo $album."\n";
This should tell us where it crashes if its something in the database causing it, then hopefully we can fix.

Once done editing the file open two terminal windows and ssh into the BDP from both of them.  In the first one run the "top" command, you'll use this to monitor resource usage while the albums.php program runs.  in the other terminal window issue "php -f /var/www/albums.php" and your scree should fill up with output and display that last thing it was working on and how much of the memory was being used when it crashes.

Alternatively to all this you can place the BDP into service mode and i can take a look at.

Cheers,
Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #212 on: 18 Jan 2014, 10:04 pm »
Chris,

on updating to version .17, MM shows version 2013.04.09 again..... :scratch:

Is it the update that went wrong, or a version mistake in the latest firmware ? Process report was al checked in order.

Marius

The date is programmed in by the build script that generates the squashfs file, so human error is no longer an issue.  If an older date is showing it means one of two things, the update failed or the browser is grabbing the date from cache.  I forgot to ask in my last post, how big is your database? as it sounds more like a resource issue then a content issue.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #213 on: 18 Jan 2014, 10:52 pm »
HI Chris,

Was editing the file, but can't save it because of wrong rights to the file.

At the moment, i cannot ssh into , i get a system warning WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! 
and
Host key verification failed.

Let me first update to .18 and see what happens. If all fails, ill chime back in and set service mode....

Marius

Hi Marius,

Could be the number of files, but unlikely due to how the "database" and files are generated; however I will test it with the larger 38,000 song database at work as it seems to work with my database at home (4,000 songs) with my BDP-1.  One thing I have noticed with the BDP-2 processing my work database is a few times on the second half it pauses for 15 or 20 seconds. 

Perhaps if you ran the command manual after making some minor edits to the program, the BDP should be sharing its filesystem from the root as a share labeled "ROOT".  open the file found at /var/www/mpd/albums.php; line 143 should be empty  and will be just after

logDone('Sorting music into Bryston DB:'.round($songsDone/$songCount*100).'%<br>'.$file);
add

echo $file."\n";
on line 143 just below the logDone line

then go down to line 242 which i think is also empty and again should be just after a logDone call and add

echo $album."\n";
This should tell us where it crashes if its something in the database causing it, then hopefully we can fix.

Once done editing the file open two terminal windows and ssh into the BDP from both of them.  In the first one run the "top" command, you'll use this to monitor resource usage while the albums.php program runs.  in the other terminal window issue "php -f /var/www/albums.php" and your scree should fill up with output and display that last thing it was working on and how much of the memory was being used when it crashes.

Alternatively to all this you can place the BDP into service mode and i can take a look at.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #214 on: 18 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm »
Nope, not a cache problem, i always clear that before and after upgrading.

Updating shows the correct feedback, with only the last line reporting an error, like i posted before.

My database consists of two 2TB drives, one with 650 Gb left, the second 936 Gb left. And two thumbs, the one Bryston provided, and one with all firmware updates.\there's a -1 file, should it be there?

Not sure what you mean with  it being a resource issue rather than a content issue.

Marius

The date is programmed in by the build script that generates the squashfs file, so human error is no longer an issue.  If an older date is showing it means one of two things, the update failed or the browser is grabbing the date from cache.  I forgot to ask in my last post, how big is your database? as it sounds more like a resource issue then a content issue.

Cheers,
Chris

Marius

« Reply #215 on: 18 Jan 2014, 11:44 pm »
maybe this gives a clue on the Album DB issue ?

weird thing is, Ive upgraded to .18 version successfully so it seems. and MPD is at the latest version 18.6

But when i click any command that has to do with the album db or views, im thrown back at

and MPd 5.12, and all default fillers are shown, including the wonderful Daft Punk all over the place  :D

Marius

Heckler75

« Reply #216 on: 19 Jan 2014, 02:23 am »
So is the new firmware ready to install, for a newbie(rookie)  :scratch:

Or still in beta form, no official  release yet.

Cheers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #217 on: 19 Jan 2014, 03:46 am »
So is the new firmware ready to install, for a newbie(rookie)  :scratch:

Or still in beta form, no official  release yet.

Cheers

Extreme beta!

james

Heckler75

« Reply #218 on: 19 Jan 2014, 04:07 am »
Extreme beta!

james

James,

thanks,  so official release coming soon?   

i prefer to wait,  want  it upload thru homepage,   and go smoothly .   not good   as a problem solver :oops:

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #219 on: 19 Jan 2014, 04:14 am »
maybe this gives a clue on the Album DB issue ?

the above is expected, its the message that will be normally displayed followed by the contents of two variables that are compared.  The content of the two variables will not show in the final version.... assuming I remember to remove them that is.

weird thing is, Ive upgraded to .18 version successfully so it seems. and MPD is at the latest version 18.6

But when i click any command that has to do with the album db or views, im thrown back at

if your getting the above it simply means the main javascript has crashed, you should check the developer console for error messages.

and MPd 5.12, and all default fillers are shown, including the wonderful Daft Punk all over the place  :D

Marius

by resource issue i was referring to the BDP running out of memory, processing power or disk space.

Cheers,
Chris