I have a question: marital bliss could be disrupted.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: I have a question: marital bliss could be disrupted.
« Reply #20 on: 27 Aug 2010, 01:06 am »
If you wanted to spice up the bike anniversery thingie Rim, you could always include an easy bike ride to her favorite restaurant where you might have already set up both reservations & flowers waiting at the table. Now that would be special,,,,,  :thankyou:

Cheers,
Robin

TheChairGuy

« Reply #21 on: 27 Aug 2010, 01:07 am »
Although I did do a few special things for my wife's last b-day since she was turning 40.   :wink:

Eek...I avoided that one when it came around, George...we went right from December 30 to January 1 that time :wink: Wasn't touching that one...

Oh wait, I'm mistaken, she's 40 next year....she's been 39 since 2006 :lol:

John

Mama Virtue

« Reply #22 on: 27 Aug 2010, 02:04 am »
You guys are too funny. At least I know what to look forward to when I hit the big 4-0. Joy. Perhaps by then my hair will be totally gray, it's half way there...

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #23 on: 27 Aug 2010, 03:06 pm »
After my daughter was asleep, I went down to my grotto with a bottle of Aberlour to seek some guidance on what I should do.  Wife was working on a proposal that was going to go into the wee hours.  So I sat down to do some thinking with inspirational gospel music.  Very early Elvis, Hank Williams, Loretta Lynn, Mahalia Jackson, Bach Cantatas all helped me to see the light -- Big Rock under tube preamp is a very good thing and Aesthetix Callisto is really good at fleshing out the vocals. 8)

Back to the bike, I think I will bring out the bike next time we go for a ride.  I will present it as a "just because I love you" gift without any tie to the Anniversary.  She will get a dinner, flowers and a check to our vacation fund for the anniversary.  Unless something special pops up, both of us just gift each other on special occasions by putting money in our family vacation fund.  We just financed Italy this way.  Next one is apparently Moorish Spain/Morocco/Egypt.  Rachel will be old enough to do some hiking in the Atlas Mountains and she is the resident Egyptologist who has to see Giza and Luxor among other things.

I gotta be nice especially since I am going to be gone on two weekends wrapped around our wedding anniversary just for my pleasure:  one for a football game in LA and the other, for some audio thing in Denver.  :D

Thanks for all  the advices.  They helped.  Really.   :thumb:

Mama Virtue

« Reply #24 on: 27 Aug 2010, 03:17 pm »
Glad you sorted it out :)

LadyDog

« Reply #25 on: 28 Aug 2010, 02:21 am »
I'm with Tyson on this one, if it gets you guys to spend more family time together, or maybe just husband and wife time, she will think this is the best gift since slice bread.

Kudos, isn't that's what is supposed to be about anyway.