Aging

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Aging
« Reply #40 on: 24 Jul 2010, 03:24 am »
All grains tend to cause a mild inflammatory response in humans.  In some people worse than others.  The latest theories of cardiac disease are less "lipid centric", and attribute quite a bit more of the cardiac events to things like systemic inflammation, which is often caused or exacerbated by grains in general, and wheat in particular. 

And of course, the "occasional" bread/pasta/bagel/cereal consumption is not bad, our bodies are OK with dealing with a mild inflammatory response on an isolated basis.  But when you eat wheat or grains of some kind every day, multiple times a day, you induce a chronic inflammatory response.  And since researchers now have strong evidence that systemic inflammation plays a large role in heart/vascular disease, it's no wonder that the wheat-based american diet is contributing to the stats of this type disease being our number one killer with a bullet.

Since my heart attack, I read a TON of straight up research papers in the cardiac field.  But, as a more general source of information, the link below is invaluable.  It is truly cutting edge in keeping up with the latest evidence of the causes (and possible cures) or heart disease.  The cardiologist that writes there is very good:

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Wheat

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #41 on: 24 Jul 2010, 03:46 am »
Great thanks for that info - i will read up.

CSI

« Reply #42 on: 24 Jul 2010, 05:44 am »

Don't worry about old age. It doesn't last long.

John Casler

« Reply #43 on: 24 Jul 2010, 06:59 am »
You might compare your genetic potential to live long with your IQ.

If you develop your intellect it will be greater than if you seek no education or developmental mental activity at all.

Longevity potential will be ultimately within the "age envelope".

Your health and fitness habits will determine how much of that potential you enjoy.

Heath habits and practices, Nutritional habits and practices, and Fitness habits and practices will then either reduce or extend your life within you genetic expression.

Important areas to consider are:

Telomeres (Google it)

Inflammation causation

Tissue and Organ maintenance

Endocrine stimulation and health

The elements to the maximizing the above areas are:

1) Adequate and Proper Exercise and Stimulating Activity  :weights:  :hyper:
2) Adequate and Proper Nutrition and Digestion
3) Adequate and Proper Rest and Sleep  :sleep:
4) Adequate and Proper Elimination of Wastes
5) Avoiding dangerous circumstances :surrender:
6) Avoiding infectious disease
7) PMA (positive mental attitude and emotional state)  :green:

If you educate yourself as to how to employ the above properly, then you can and will maximize your genetic potential to live longer within that envelope.  The big problem is that there is more "misinformation" than relative information.  However, it would be difficult to argue that the 7 elements listed above would not provide extensive benefits "IF" they are employed PROPERLY.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #44 on: 24 Jul 2010, 07:04 am »
Don't worry about old age. It doesn't last long.

Good one!  Hope you don't mind me posting that on my facebook wall...

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #45 on: 26 Jul 2010, 09:42 am »
You might compare your genetic potential to live long with your IQ.

If you develop your intellect it will be greater than if you seek no education or developmental mental activity at all.

Longevity potential will be ultimately within the "age envelope".

Your health and fitness habits will determine how much of that potential you enjoy.

Heath habits and practices, Nutritional habits and practices, and Fitness habits and practices will then either reduce or extend your life within you genetic expression.

Important areas to consider are:

Telomeres (Google it)

Inflammation causation

Tissue and Organ maintenance

Endocrine stimulation and health

The elements to the maximizing the above areas are:

1) Adequate and Proper Exercise and Stimulating Activity  :weights:  :hyper:
2) Adequate and Proper Nutrition and Digestion
3) Adequate and Proper Rest and Sleep  :sleep:
4) Adequate and Proper Elimination of Wastes
5) Avoiding dangerous circumstances :surrender:
6) Avoiding infectious disease
7) PMA (positive mental attitude and emotional state)  :green:

If you educate yourself as to how to employ the above properly, then you can and will maximize your genetic potential to live longer within that envelope.  The big problem is that there is more "misinformation" than relative information.  However, it would be difficult to argue that the 7 elements listed above would not provide extensive benefits "IF" they are employed PROPERLY.

I eat the hearts of my enemies, to gain their strength.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #46 on: 26 Jul 2010, 11:05 am »
Inflammation: Does that refer to feeling "bloated" after eating something that doesn't agree with you or something else? Is the inflammation you're talking about related to water retention due to an allergic-like reaction?

charmerci

« Reply #47 on: 26 Jul 2010, 01:30 pm »
Re: Genetics

My father had 12 brothers and sisters. Interestingly, a lot of them died at 68-69 (cancer, heart attacks.) If they made it over 70, they ended up living (lived) into their 90's.