Excercise and weight loss.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
Re: Excercise and weight loss.
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2007, 05:43 pm »
I'm 173cm and 87 kg.
Thats 5'8" , 192lbs for the US style of things.

Well, I guess since I do have my weight training and my martial arts as a bacground, I do carry my weight better than some. But, I do have som extra pounds these days.  :nono:

Exercise and good nutrition, and fxxx Mc(whatever...). Thats not a bad idea... :thumb:
Imperial

ctviggen

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jan 2007, 05:54 pm »
I ride my road bike 6000 miles in the mountains each year but each Fall I put on 10 lbs as soon as I cut back on the miles.

I think that's because you don't modify your eating habits. At least this is my theory regarding the same phenomenon for me.  This is why I've tried to slowly taper off at the end of the season, rather than abruptly quitting biking.  I also have tried to lift weights, though I think this is counterproductive for me (who gains muscle mass easily) when it comes to biking. 

BikeWNC

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jan 2007, 06:49 pm »
I ride my road bike 6000 miles in the mountains each year but each Fall I put on 10 lbs as soon as I cut back on the miles.

I think that's because you don't modify your eating habits. At least this is my theory regarding the same phenomenon for me.  This is why I've tried to slowly taper off at the end of the season, rather than abruptly quitting biking.  I also have tried to lift weights, though I think this is counterproductive for me (who gains muscle mass easily) when it comes to biking. 

You are right on target about my seasonal weight gain.  I like to eat and can usually get away with it.  Also, I notice some seasonal length of day motivational issues which seem to go away when the days get longer.  As for weight training, I'm an ectomorph.  The only thing I get from lots of weight training is tendinitis.  I never have been able to put on any mass, which is OK when it comes to biking. 

Andy