Dvorak fans: 'New World' recommendations plz

dB Cooper

Re: Dvorak fans: 'New World' recommendations plz
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jan 2021, 10:03 pm »
Craig B- Yeah, I actually listened to the Alsop/Baltimore most recently. It's very good. Listening to the BIS release right now. Don't have a favorite performance-wise but I think the BIS/Malaysian Phil release edges the BSO a bit for sound quality. I thought this thread had fizzled but glad to see it resurface as this work is going to be a 'regular' for me, as it is for so many. Thanks for all the suggestions.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Dvorak fans: 'New World' recommendations plz
« Reply #21 on: 15 Jan 2021, 12:37 am »
I think digital echo is one of the worst things modern recordings can have together with signal compression and  improperly used noise filtering (sonic solutions).
Thanks for inform us I had forgotten these details, I mean say CD quality, the DG sound from the 1980/90s was so compressed its possible hear those CDs in boomboxes or in a car.

So after some time in the 90s they add the digital noise removal system named 4D (DDDD) too bad as in this era there are wonderful performances in that label.

Iam working with open air MP3 files and the human voice is barely intelligible for entire sentences, the words are tangled up.