New Apollo's In The House till October

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: New Apollo's In The House till October
« Reply #60 on: 20 Mar 2018, 08:03 pm »
Michael
Glad Alan will come and pick them up otherwise I would have made you the offer and paid shipping both ways and would have had the pleasure of listening to them for 6/8 weeks along with my Poseidon, One big issue with these are they are a hassle to to pack how do keep doing it and moving them all the time ? I need to ship mine back to  Lou for the new trim rings and the new tweeters in July , just thinking about packing is sooo discouraging
Have a safe trip to Taiwan !
Asghar

Ashgar,

I'll keep you in mind next time, but shipping them would just make more work for me.

Packing the speakers....yes....it isn't exactly fun is it? They're heavy buggers to begin with. Then, there are those 'special' foam corner protector thingies and the wrap around cardboard that act as inner protectors. If I had to criticize Lou on anything, it would be the protective inner shell design. I think half-inch aluminum would have been better even though it might be a wee bit heavier. :lol:

Hopefully for me, this will be the final time I box them up. In a couple months my wife and I will search for our new home, find it and buy it. Then, set up my system and finally buy some acoustic treatments. Then, enjoy blissful music.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: New Apollo's In The House till October....Update
« Reply #61 on: 20 Mar 2018, 09:07 pm »
This morning was just horrible. I had to box up my Apollos because I'm just about to place my home on the market, and because I fly back to Taiwan in 6 days(!).  :cry:

I'd spent the last couple days wondering where to store my beautiful speakers, and finally decided that they'd be safest sitting in a fellow audiophile's living room. I shot Aldcol an email this morning asking him if he would be willing to sacrifice some space in his living room for 6 to 8 weeks. I gave him my cell phone number and asked him to call me. I think I had to wait three whole minutes before my phone rang.  :)

And now they're already boxed up and in his car soon to arrive in his home.  :cry: I'll miss them.

Take good care of my babies!
A critical piece of the equation is missing from the above post.   Michael said he had movers at the house NOW moving stuff into the garage so the house could show.

While I should have taken a picture to show the elevation change one would have encountered going from the ground floor to the street.  All the while two guys with bad backs lugging them down switchback stairs and what has to be about 20 of grade I was only looking at saving myself and yes you Michael. :thumb:

And I was TASKED with Oiling them so there is that. :scratch:

Alan

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: New Apollo's In The House till October....Update
« Reply #62 on: 20 Mar 2018, 10:55 pm »
A critical piece of the equation is missing from the above post.   Michael said he had movers at the house NOW moving stuff into the garage so the house could show.

While I should have taken a picture to show the elevation change one would have encountered going from the ground floor to the street.  All the while two guys with bad backs lugging them down switchback stairs and what has to be about 20 of grade I was only looking at saving myself and yes you Michael. :thumb:

And I was TASKED with Oiling them so there is that. :scratch:

Alan

:lol: All valid points. It was very fortunate the young movers with strong backs were there. Of course, it had been my plan all along to have the speakers moved by them down to the garage. Our next home will have the usual 1 - 3 steps to the front door. Never again will we own a home with 15(?) steps up to the front door.

Thank you, Alan. Oh, hey. The spikes are here. Do you want the spikes?

Michael
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2018, 12:00 am by mresseguie »