Chassis & Parts Sources

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Re: Chassis & Parts Sources
« Reply #20 on: 27 Jun 2012, 10:37 pm »
Robert,
Price seems more than reasonable to me.  Good job!  Best wishes on this project. 

serengetiplains

« Reply #21 on: 27 Jun 2012, 11:14 pm »
Here's an eBay chassis maker I came across lately.  His offerings look good and are reasonably priced.  He can make custom configurations.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/po1019/m.html?hash=item3a75963758&item=251080882008&pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

OzarkTom

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jun 2012, 11:21 pm »
Here's an eBay chassis maker I came across lately.  His offerings look good and are reasonably priced.  He can make custom configurations.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/po1019/m.html?hash=item3a75963758&item=251080882008&pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

The wood ends sure adds more to the looks, and made in the USA.

These look very nice for only $40 each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tube-Amp-Chassis-DIY-8-4x6-6x2-Aluminum-Project-Box-Enclosure-Stereo-Amp-Preamp-/251080882008?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a75963758

serengetiplains

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2012, 11:26 pm »
And virtually any kind of wood is available.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 27 Jun 2012, 11:30 pm »

IIIRC 2.5" is absolute minimum height for Ncore SMPS.  Only one chassis in that link is exactly 2.5", way oversize for mono, considerable unused space for stereo/single SMPS, dual mono suitability unknown.  All else only 2" which IIRC is too short for Ncore SMPS.

Definitely diggin' the wood though.

OzarkTom

« Reply #25 on: 27 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm »
IIIRC 2.5" is absolute minimum height for Ncore SMPS.  Only one chassis in that link is exactly 2.5", way oversize for mono, considerable unused space for stereo/single SMPS, dual mono suitability unknown.  All else only 2" which IIRC is too short for Ncore SMPS.

Definitely diggin' the wood though.

If he customs,he can change the height, length, or width.

serengetiplains

« Reply #26 on: 27 Jun 2012, 11:38 pm »
He can make a chassis any H/W/D one cares.

OzarkTom

« Reply #27 on: 27 Jun 2012, 11:46 pm »
He can make a chassis any H/W/D one cares.

In case you did not email him, I did. Maybe he can do a special run for the Ncores.

HT cOz

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2012, 05:00 am »
Cases are in and available for sale.

The basic parameters are:
Black Anodized
17"W x 10"L x 3.5"H
2 Balanced or RCA Neutrik inputs
2 Speaker Binding Posts of common size

I will be making face plates with the Ncore logo available for purchase in 6 weeks.

Here are some photos.  Keep in mind that the pictures don't do them justice.  I'm not a photographer  :duh:

Customer supplied image

Customer supplied image

Customer supplied image

Thanks,
Robert
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2012, 03:29 am by HT cOz »

Phil

« Reply #29 on: 1 Jul 2012, 05:13 pm »

Black Anodized
17"W x 10"L x 3.5"H

Thanks,
Robert

Got one!  Thanks, Robert, for the great customer service.   :thumb:
Phil

mgalusha

« Reply #30 on: 2 Jul 2012, 01:17 am »

Black Anodized
17"W x 10"L x 3.5"H

I will be making face plates with the Ncore logo available for purchase in 6 weeks.

They look very nice Robert, I like the vents on the sides. What size are the holes in the front for LED's?

mike

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: 2 Jul 2012, 01:18 am »
They look very nice Robert, I like the vents on the sides.

mike

+1...very sharp.  Value is there.  Great job, Robert!

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #32 on: 2 Jul 2012, 12:07 pm »

Black Anodized
17"W x 10"L x 3.5"H

Here are some photos.  Keep in mind that the pictures don't do them justice.  I'm not a photographer  :duh:

Thanks,
Robert

Looks great sir!

Question though, it looks like the bottom has been pre-drilled for mounting the modules. Is it a symmetric layout, or mirror layout, for the modules? I just wonder for wire routing, etc.

Thanks

HT cOz

« Reply #33 on: 2 Jul 2012, 01:07 pm »
Hi Mike,

They do look nice.  Photos are no justice.  The front holes are R0.078.  Do you have a specific LED in mind?  If so, I would like to add that to the spreadsheet.  Currently they are designed for the light pipes.

Thanks,
Robert

They look very nice Robert, I like the vents on the sides. What size are the holes in the front for LED's?

mike

HT cOz

« Reply #34 on: 2 Jul 2012, 01:11 pm »
Yes they are pre-drilled and countersunk.  It is both symetric and mirror, builders call  :thumb:.  I know people have different priorities so I went for the dual option.

Thanks,
Robert

Looks great sir!

Question though, it looks like the bottom has been pre-drilled for mounting the modules. Is it a symmetric layout, or mirror layout, for the modules? I just wonder for wire routing, etc.

Thanks

HT cOz

« Reply #35 on: 2 Jul 2012, 01:13 pm »
Thanks James! 

+1...very sharp.  Value is there.  Great job, Robert!

mgalusha

« Reply #36 on: 2 Jul 2012, 02:06 pm »
They do look nice.  Photos are no justice.  The front holes are R0.078.  Do you have a specific LED in mind?  If so, I would like to add that to the spreadsheet.  Currently they are designed for the light pipes.

Not in particular. The first mono's had fairly small hole, likely the .156" of the new ones, the second batch .250". I have bezel's for both. I used LED's per the choice of who commissioned the build. :)

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #37 on: 2 Jul 2012, 07:17 pm »
Am I the only one interested in a 3-amp chassis?  This one looks large enough, but not enough panel holes and the bottom plate holes would not fit a 3 NCore + 3 SMPS configuration.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #38 on: 2 Jul 2012, 07:50 pm »
Am I the only one interested in a 3-amp chassis?...

If a CNC pre-cut 3-ch chassis existed prior to my mono chassis GB, I would likely have purchased one. 

Though I suppose, as fickle and neurotic as I am, if I purchased the 3-ch chassis I'd be fretting that I should have waited for the monos...but I'd be listening to Ncore instead of waiting.

The other advantage for mono chassis is it's easier and smaller to carry to audition with high-end musical instruments.

Are you needing 3-ch for HT front channels or?

You thinking three SMPS or two (one SMPS center/one SMPS split for L/R)?     

HT cOz

« Reply #39 on: 2 Jul 2012, 08:30 pm »
I've been thinking about offering a 5 channel amp.  With Cards stacked within the chassis.  Much like this gentlemans build from DIYAUDIO

I suppose I could do something like a [3 card 3 channel], [4 card 2 channel], [5 card 5 channel] offering.  I'm a little hesitant because I don't want to get stuck with a bunch of cases that don't sell.

Thanks,
Robert
« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2012, 10:15 pm by HT cOz »