Skylan stands with Omega Alnico Monitors

joralieu

Re: Skylan stands with Omega Alnico Monitors
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2021, 03:18 pm »
New SAM owner here. I need stands for them. Would like some recommendations from SAM owners.
Thanks
Joe

Rolsson

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jun 2022, 08:59 am »
Hi! New to this circle.

I have av pair of Omega Super3 BPC and they need a pair of stable stands. Any recommendations? Thanks!

/Roger

mick wolfe

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jun 2022, 04:05 pm »
Hi! New to this circle.

I have av pair of Omega Super3 BPC and they need a pair of stable stands. Any recommendations? Thanks!

/Roger

Monoprice 24" stands look fairly decent for roughly $110. For a little over twice that price, the Pangea DS400 stands look really solid. My friend uses these with his ProAc Response 2's.

jandrews

« Reply #23 on: 26 Jun 2022, 04:25 pm »
What’s BPC?

Rolsson

« Reply #24 on: 26 Jun 2022, 10:08 pm »
Hi and thanks for the answer. BPC is for bipole convertible. It’s an older model from ca 2004 with two drivers (Fostex)  the name BPC is for bipole convertable, one on the front and one on opposite side. You can chose to configure the drivers to play in or out of phase.

sunnydaze

« Reply #25 on: 27 Jun 2022, 02:49 am »
Monoprice 24" stands look fairly decent for roughly $110. For a little over twice that price, the Pangea DS400 stands look really solid. My friend uses these with his ProAc Response 2's.

I own the Monoprice stands, and recommend them.  Well built, sturdy and solid.  Heavy and stable when filled with sand.  No need to spend more for those speakers.  5 star reviews by almost 90% of owners:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24794&gclid=CjwKCAjwh-CVBhB8EiwAjFEPGX8EwTN4wbBjLs5FGttawu1pfPgkaMolvCDhAjv8Uc3J8ZyouOJLXxoCh58QAvD_BwE

likat

« Reply #26 on: 28 Jul 2022, 09:58 pm »
I'm running my SAMs on Skylan stands.  Really searched high and low for something that would work well.  These monitors are a little bigger than you might think and so finding 18-20" high stands with a substantial enough base plate and top plate for these speakers was challenging.  Almost grudgingly, with a feeling of defeat I called Mr. Nolan at skylan.  SUPER nice man to talk to.  Was quite certain on NOT filling the stands.  Four days later (no kidding) when my stands arrived was a little hand written note by Mr. Nolan with the statement "No fill required."  I have to say, these have been perfect.  All of the positive commentaries on this combo have been spot on.

jandrews

« Reply #27 on: 28 Jul 2022, 10:22 pm »
that's interesting Noel said no fill
when I ordered mine for my Super 7's he said 'Filling may be around 55% of the Posts, maybe 10 lbs of Rice'.
Those monitors are pretty big (10x14x18).  I got the 2-post but he made top plates that are the same footprint of the speaker (10 x 14)

Kray

« Reply #28 on: 1 Aug 2022, 02:44 pm »
This is just my experience but I regret filling stands with rice. the rice smell drove me nuts over time. YMMV
I'd definitely use something else like playground sand to avoid that smell.

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #29 on: 1 Aug 2022, 04:03 pm »
I found likat's comment about not filling the stands interesting. Enough to check out the Skylan site. I did not realize Skylan stands are not steel. From their website... "Skylan speaker stands are MASS-LOADING. Strong, yet light, they are engineered with MDF and Polymer Extrusion." Mr. Nolan does suggest the use of some sort of filler, however the construction and material selection suggests a lossy design intent. Hmmm?

-Dieter