Bache Audio Tribeca 001

shakey

Bache Audio Tribeca 001
« on: 11 Nov 2019, 06:32 pm »
Has anyone heard this speaker? I briefly heard the smaller Bache Metro speaker on Friday at the NY Audio Show and thought it sounded very nice.

The Tribeca uses an 8-inch Tang Band driver with a Fostex super tweeter. It can also be built with a Voxativ 1.6 minus the tweeter.

Norman bates

Re: Bache Audio Tribeca 001
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2019, 09:41 pm »
Ft96 (ex ?) fostex supertweet

Dewhizzered w8 2145 (maybe), maybe 1808/1772 but with flat phase plug.
(Not sure how the driver isn't climbing past 1khz without whizzer, nor how it can go high enough to catch the super tweet).

If it is 6db and time aligned, I'd be for it.

My buddy wants to play with a dome ghosted into an 8" full range, just to add some off axis highs.
I'm partial to a morel (with 700hz fs), works well 6db, maybe 6khz pole, maybe higher.

Sort of leaving the point source, but full range works untill you want a little more full range, or dispersion, or bass, or loudness !!!!
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2019, 04:25 am by Norman bates »

kenJay

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2020, 03:32 pm »
Hi
Just saw your question, I am a proud owner of the Tribeca 001. I am a music lover and not a tech guy. to my ears these speakers play well above their price point. I've owned many including salk songtowers . they outperformed most that I had in my system.
Very musical, excellent mid-range/vocals. Very detailed without being harsh. My suggestion would be to listen/audition. if geographically not possible, suggest talking to greg, who is such a nice guy and passionate about his designs. he offers a 30 day money back guarantee.
If you're in phliadelphia area, you can stop by my home for an audition
Good luck on your search
Much peace & Joyful listening
Ken

kenJay

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2020, 03:34 pm »
BTW, I hear them at the CAF in DC last year and they almost won best budget system. Much better than any ZU speaker that I have heard.

shakey

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2020, 06:10 am »
I picked up my pair a few days ago. I’m located near Brooklyn and went to demo them back in November. Greg is a great guy and is wonderful to deal with. My Tribeca’s are slightly different from the ones he’s been using at shows. The port is located at the front bottom and the new crossover eliminates the cap on the wide band driver.

I was considering much more expensive speakers. Bache’s speakers punch way above their price point.

Bache audio

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2020, 05:39 pm »
Thanks guys, is very important for me get  positive feedback from real customers, yes, my speakers is different , is the mix between full range and  regular 3 way design,only 3  crossovers elements i am using now, minimum phase distortion with full  body sound, simple

Bache audio

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2020, 07:01 pm »
Sorry, i mean full range -single point source ( one whizzer cone driver with no crossover)

shakey

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2020, 05:32 pm »
Has anyone heard this speaker? I briefly heard the smaller Bache Metro speaker on Friday at the NY Audio Show and thought it sounded very nice.

The Tribeca uses an 8-inch Tang Band driver with a Fostex super tweeter. It can also be built with a Voxativ 1.6 minus the tweeter.

I meant the Bache Lexington speaker.