The Tour is on ........

drummerwill

The Tour is on ........
« on: 30 Apr 2007, 01:01 am »

From electricbear's house I left the two "Ole Girls" Wurlitzer PP45 amps with Scott.  Sturg I waited
 as long as I could.  No problem passing them on though, Scott said OK as soon as I mention you hadn't made it yet. Then Chris followed me out the door, now he's got those new Merlin's, he also offer to drive "the Girls" home. 
   So it looks like from Scott, there's Alex, Chris , Strugus, bpape and maybe G, everybody gets a couple of weeks or so. Add Deadfish and  Mark too!
   Did I leave anyone out?

Thanks Tim and Ally ( Please forgive me if wrong on the name) for a great time !
   Have fun
   Willie 
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2007, 05:21 pm by drummerwill »

DeadFish

Re: The Tour is on ........
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2007, 01:42 am »
Willie!
(How quickly we forget).
Man, I stay home one or two times.... :duh:
If there is the chance, plug me in there in about a month.

So G actually *is* alive, huh?  :wink:

Y'all just tell me if there is a chance/time to listen.
I'm feeling more and more like listening lately.
I just need the time...

DeadFish

drummerwill

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2007, 01:13 pm »

Deadfish... I did forget you,  but you are on the list now. Missed you at Tim's.

Have fun!
    Willie

mark@marktwain

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2007, 03:14 pm »
Hey Willie,

I thought I was in the click too.

I'd love to pick em up from Scott when I'm down there on May 19th for the Record Romp if that would work for everyone else of course.

Mark

drummerwill

« Reply #4 on: 30 Apr 2007, 05:18 pm »

Sorry Mark , YES!

Scott F.

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2007, 06:03 pm »
I'll be sure to bring them that Saturday (along with the tube tester).

mark@marktwain

« Reply #6 on: 30 Apr 2007, 09:02 pm »
That'll be great Scott.

I'll make sure I drive my truck down on the 19th to haul all the goodies back. Maybe I should bring a trailer too the way it's going. Lets see, Willies mono blocs, tube testers, 50 or so records. I picked up 42 records dollar divin at vintage vinyl when I was down there 3 weeks ago.  aa

Willie,

I can't wait to listen to your amps on my backloaded horns. I replaced the standard Fostex FE166-E drivers with the limited edition FE166-ESR drivers last week (phase plugged of course) and they are so sweeeeeeeeet. They'll be really nice with your 45's behind em.

Mark

drummerwill

« Reply #7 on: 1 May 2007, 12:51 pm »

Sounds Sweet Mark!
   From what i remember those were some beautiful cabinets.
   Willie

drummerwill

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2007, 01:42 pm »

So, I guess someone else will get the Wurlitzers this weekend, eh Scott ?
  Was it Mark  or Brian ?
   Anyway, sounds like great weather for the caravan.
   Have fun guys
   Willie

Scott F.

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2007, 02:14 pm »
I'll be bringing them along and Mark@marktwain will be taking them.

Mark, you are in for a real treat. Besides the lush tone of a 45, Willies use of a DHT (the 30) as a driver tube adds a 'presence' like few other amps I've heard. This pair of amps really sound phenomenal. Great job Willie  :thumb:

BTW, I need to get your source that fairy dust you used in these  :wink:

Sarmck

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jun 2007, 01:00 pm »
Willie,

Just putting my name on the "official" request list to spend some time with the Wurlitzer PP45 amps. 

Thanks,
Ron

Sarmck

« Reply #11 on: 5 Jul 2007, 10:13 pm »
Willie,

I got a chance to plug in the "Old Girl" PP45 Wurlitzer's last night for a little listening session through the La Scalas.  Oh boy...oh boy...oh boy.  :drool:  I definitely detected that "Magic fairy dust" that Scott referenced in one of the previous posts.  I thought the VTL's in triode were nice (and they are), but they don't compare to the space/imaging produced by the Wurlitzer's. 

To use some common phrases for some uncommonly sounding amps..I "heard" the musicians/band suddenly appearing in front of me...I could walk between them on stage...(OK, the phrase most often used) the speakers just disappeared.  I mean, for real...no bullsh!t. (Sorry about that last one Moderators).  I saw a great many sparkles of multi-colored lights, I heard loud bangs and numerous pops that got my attention.  It's OK Willie, it wasn't from you amps.  Last night was the 4th of July and maybe that was outside...but I heard and saw Bela Fleck, Carol Kidd, Clark Terry and a few others at my night of celebration with the "Ole Girls" (I'm speaking of the amps, if my wife reads this post).  :kiss:

I'm anticipating more great listening sessions ahead for the short time I have the amps in my possesion.

Thanks for the opportunity Willie. :bowdown: