No Regrets

Deftone

No Regrets
« on: 21 Feb 2011, 10:34 am »
Really like my 4bsst2,BP-26/Mps2,Bda-1 and Bcd-1.It took my b&w 803s to the next level.I wonder the 7b will be a thousand times better.But due to the room size i have to live with the 4b for time being.
By the way I am using the stock power cord and i am in the market to upgrade the power cords.Any suggestions?

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: No Regrets
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2011, 11:36 am »
Hi, I have the Bryston 4B-SST2 and BP-26 plus the phon 1.5 setup.
I use Pangea power cords. They are a very good value, (low priced too) and the (only) place that sells them does have a thirty day 100% refund. Audio Advisor. (Be aware the thirty day is firm, no exceptions after thirty days from purchase date)
But they are a very good cord. You may notice better bass straight up. One thing, get at least a 1+1/2 meter or two meter if buying the '9' size cord, as it is stiff torsionally, and the shorter ones can be hard to rotate the connectors to stay in the A/C receptical on the one meter or 0.6 meter cords.(if they happen to not line up naturally)
So the 9 for the amp. and some 14SE for the pre and other stuff (if you go for several). I love them.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2011, 11:45 am »
I found the same with the Nordost Vishnu. The highs are smoother as well.

Robert D

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2011, 01:40 pm »
Hi, I have the Bryston 4B-SST2 and BP-26 plus the phon 1.5 setup.
I use Pangea power cords. They are a very good value, (low priced too) and the (only) place that sells them does have a thirty day 100% refund. Audio Advisor. (Be aware the thirty day is firm, no exceptions after thirty days from purchase date)
But they are a very good cord. You may notice better bass straight up. One thing, get at least a 1+1/2 meter or two meter if buying the '9' size cord, as it is stiff torsionally, and the shorter ones can be hard to rotate the connectors to stay in the A/C receptical on the one meter or 0.6 meter cords.(if they happen to not line up naturally)
So the 9 for the amp. and some 14SE for the pre and other stuff (if you go for several). I love them.

Elizabeth
Where can the power cords be purchased... I'm in Montreal

Robert ty

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2011, 01:46 pm »

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2011, 03:40 pm »
...I wonder the 7b will be a thousand times better.But due to the room size i have to live with the 4b for time being...

Greetings Deftone  :D

I believe that once you attain a certain level in audio equipment, you do not really notice a huge difference in audio quality from one model to the next one. For example, the 28B SST² does not stand “head and shoulders” above the 7B SST² in audio quality. You do receive extra subtleties in your music with the beasties and what an individual must decide if this is worth double the cost of the 7B SST² amplifiers.

Also let us not forget about the vanity factor. :wink:

Be well...

werd

« Reply #6 on: 23 Feb 2011, 05:17 am »
Hello Deftone

Check out Wywires juice 2 power cables. They work really nice with Bryston gear in all components. Including digital, and power. They are very reasonable at 239.00. I just bought one for my bdp1.  :thumb:.

Deftone

« Reply #7 on: 23 Feb 2011, 11:03 am »
I am still auditioning for the after market power cords.Already did a few.I am also looking at the U.K. type for the plug.Pangea don`t come with it.Nordost do.The local dealer where i am from don`t have the Vishnu.

Robert D

« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2011, 12:24 pm »
http://www.audioadvisor.com/products.asp?dept=25&pagenumber=2&sort_on=title&sort_by=

Thank you Phil
How do these power cords compare to the Bryston standard power cord ?
All of my Bryston gear is plugged in to my RM20 .
Would there be that much of an improvement ???

Robert