Evolution One review

rustydoglim

Evolution One review
« on: 15 Jun 2018, 04:37 am »
This new amp deserves a separate topic for review and discussion. We humbly chose the name "Evolution" as a tribute to years of hard work and design experience to get here. 
And I want to specially mention our very talented NuPrime chief engineer, Kevin Hsiao, who has been leading the innovations at Nuprime. On one end, NuPrime mission is to bring high-end amps to the masses ($649 STA-9 and $399 STA-6, who can beat that) but on the other end, we continue to innovate and break performance barrier.

Evolution One is the amp that we can unequivocally state that it surpasses nearly all amps on the market today, regardless of design classifications.

John Ransley from New Zealand has just published his review.  Even though he is a dealer, but his reviews have been widely followed and respected by customers.
https://totallywired.nz/nuprime-evolution-one/

SFDude

Re: Evolution One review
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2018, 04:41 am »
Sorry if I missed it but what is the MSRP US$ on these?

They look really substantial and well-built. All those caps inside!

-dave

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2018, 05:14 am »
Sorry if I missed it but what is the MSRP US$ on these?

They look really substantial and well-built. All those caps inside!

-dave

Hi Dave.

List Price is $3995 per monobloc

2bigears

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2018, 04:53 pm »
 :D I'd love Love Love to hear these.  10,500 Cdn is a little outta my budget, ha ....  :popcorn:

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2018, 05:23 pm »
All these quotes came from a group of audiophiles at a listening session recently:
https://sonicunity.com/pages/the-nuprime-evo-one-review-first-listening-session

I have high hope for Evolution One, but didn't expect these over the top comment.

Spenav

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2018, 07:19 pm »
I have not listened to the Ref 20 nor the Evo One yet so my observation should be taken with a grain of salt.  But looking at the guts of these two models really tells the story.  If I were to choose one on gut feeling, I would no doubt go with the Evo One.

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2018, 08:15 pm »
Ordering a PAIR today or tomorrow. :thumb:

Spenav

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2018, 09:42 pm »
Waiting for a sale. In the meantime I am still enjoying my upgraded St-10.  :icon_lol:

Genez

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2018, 06:16 pm »
Waiting for a sale. In the meantime I am still enjoying my upgraded St-10.  :icon_lol:

I also have a TDSS modded ST-10. Recently discovered the added benefit of a tube preamp using balanced mode. 
When you combine the tube-like NuPrime ST-10 with a tube front end it becomes a happy marriage.   I could only
wonder what the new Evolution One amps might sound like in this combination.  In the mean time, what I hear keeps
me more than contented.   

When Publishers Clearing House comes knocking on my door, then the Evolution Ones will be one of my first changes.    :xmas:

Rx8man

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jul 2018, 07:26 pm »
Genez, imagine a CEC belt drive transport, DHT Dac, TRL preamp in front of a pair of completely rebuilt TDSS Ref9s, I hear the greatness you're referring to.

Sorry for veering slightly off topic :wink:

Genez

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jul 2018, 08:27 pm »
Not sure if even a modded Ref 9 would reach the bar that the Evolution Ones have hurdled.

Most people will never know.

rustydoglim

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jul 2018, 07:01 pm »
So far every single person who has heard Evolution One agreed that it is the best amp he has ever heard at any price. That's a pretty good start :).

840wolf

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2018, 07:46 pm »
This is a huge thumbs up to the Evolution Ones. My amps have arrived and i will pick them up next week. I took a Huge leap of monetary faith, I have not heard them prior to purchase, and while I know Jason is a business man first, I also see his passion for his product, I see his belief in the Evolution Ones and it is that belief that persuaded me to take the plunge, I believe I will not be disappointed in my decision. Damn ,I am giddy like a school kid. :D

Genez

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2018, 08:02 pm »
So far every single person who has heard Evolution One agreed that it is the best amp he has ever heard at any price. That's a pretty good start :).

Yes it is! Its now the "Big Daddy"of Nuprime amplifiers...   ( I know your engineer/designer is a genius)

As for me with my ST-10?  To me? Its, "like father, like son."   For my TDSS ST-10 makes me feel not deprived.  It just wiped the floor with another 'very respectable' class D amp I had access to. (that was an eye opener)

Now, if I suddenly found myself able to be with the means?  By all means!  My system will quickly "Evolve." 
(and so will my car.. my house..etc!)     :thumb:

Ric Schultz

« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2018, 10:05 pm »
Please mention the name of the "very respectable" amp you listened to.  We need info!  Don't be so delicate....we can handle it!

Genez

« Reply #15 on: 11 Jul 2018, 10:31 pm »
Please mention the name of the "very respectable" amp you listened to.  We need info!  Don't be so delicate....we can handle it!
PM'd you..

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2018, 12:23 am »
This!!! Also, I really believe that this industry circles would benefit a lot from real opinions and options to compare to other equipment, be that in favor of NuPrime or not.  If the only allowed comments are praise, the usefulness of discussions and reviews is severely reduced.

Best,
Rafa.

Genez

« Reply #17 on: 12 Jul 2018, 01:29 am »
This!!! Also, I really believe that this industry circles would benefit a lot from real opinions and options to compare to other equipment, be that in favor of NuPrime or not.  If the only allowed comments are praise, the usefulness of discussions and reviews is severely reduced.

Best,
Rafa.

If anyone wants to know?   PM me, please.

Its not something I wish to name in an open forum, because I so happen to highly respect the other manufacturer... and my ST-10 (TDSS mod) cost a bit more than the other.  I just do not feel comfortable saying such a thing by giving names here.   But, PM me.

Spenav

« Reply #18 on: 12 Jul 2018, 04:55 pm »

I also have a TDSS modded ST-10. Recently discovered the added benefit of a tube preamp using balanced mode. 

When Publishers Clearing House comes knocking on my door, then the Evolution Ones will be one of my first changes.    :Xmas:

Genes, I am glad you are enjoying yours too.  Not a knock on the Ref20 or Evo One but the modded ST-10 with the right speakers and preamp is really sweet.  I believe that Nuprime was honest when they classify the ST-10 as a Reference LE model (near reference).  With the TDSS mod, it truly became a reference model.   I always felt that the highs were a little compressed and less airy than they could have been. The mod took care of that.  I think that the Evo One is the natural upgrade path from a modded ST-10, not the Ref20, I am just resisting its siren call :-)

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #19 on: 12 Jul 2018, 05:57 pm »
Hard to categorize a 'natural upgrade' from $1600 to $8000!  Perhaps the natural upgrade is 2 x ST-10M?