amp input sensitivity/impedance

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« on: 3 Aug 2004, 01:21 am »
would like to know if the purist matches the specs on my amp. the input sensitivity/impedance of my amp is 0.9v/47 kohm. would these two mate well?

WEEZ

« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2004, 03:34 am »
The stated output impedence of the Purist is 100 ohms, and is also stated to drive inputs as low as 5kohm; so there should be no reason why it would be a problem at 47kohm.

All you should need is a good set of shielded, low capacitance interconnects.

(wish the Purist had a tape loop...)

WEEZ

guest1632

« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2004, 03:31 am »
Quote from: WEEZ
The stated output impedence of the Purist is 100 ohms, Hey Weez, I've been bugging Curt for a long time now to come up with a circuit board to get a Tape Loop installed. and is also stated to drive inputs as low as 5kohm; so there should be no reason why it would be a problem at 47kohm.

All you should need is a good set of shielded, low capacitance interconnects.

(wish the Purist had a tape loop...)

WEEZ

oris98

« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2004, 07:16 pm »
Hi,

I have the same question about Purist be matching with the ASL QA1006DT with :
Input Impedance: 100K
Output Impedance: 4,8,16 ohm
Input Sensitive : 850mV

Many thanks...

tkp

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2004, 08:44 pm »
Quote from: oris98
Hi,

I have the same question about Purist be matching with the ASL QA1006DT with :
Input Impedance: 100K
Output Impedance: 4,8,16 ohm
Input Sensitive : 850mV

Many thanks...

The Purist should have no problem driving the QA1006DT.

Curt

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2004, 03:28 pm »
Strange, I don't get an e-mail notice when someone posts in my forum. I just checked and have several new posts and have received zero notices. John if your reading this can you check out why I'm not getting my notices? Thanks.

The answer is yes, the Purist will work nicely with the above equipment. We have Purist preamps in stock in Charlotte NC for immediate delivery.

Thank you for your interest.

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2004, 08:31 pm »
Curt it is a setting in your profile.  One of the questions has "send email..." and it needs to be a yes.    *I answered here for others who might wish to know as well*

Curt

« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2004, 09:12 pm »
Josh, thanks but I do have that box checked. That setting is only for replies to my posts "Always notify me of replies" not new entries in the IRD forum.

There must be an administrator settings panel for the IRD forum that John or some other AC member controls and sets up. That can send me an e-mail everytime a new topic is posted in the IRD forum.

Unless I am supposed to cruse through AC everyday to check. It's just that lately it has been difficult to stop by everyday. I believe I used to get notices all the time at HD and at AC. I could be wrong but... not sure....

Thanks for your help it is appreciated.