Lessloss power cable review

miklorsmith

Re: Lessloss power cable review
« Reply #20 on: 29 Apr 2008, 02:27 pm »
I doubt it.  I've had many interactions with Liudas and have never gotten that impression one bit.

paul canady

« Reply #21 on: 29 Apr 2008, 03:39 pm »
Those were my own words. He might as well have said it though as far as I am concerned. So, would any of you buy a cord on May 1rst for $500 knowing the price could drop out of the sky at any time? I wanted to buy two more cords at the time and almost did. Even after buying 5 cords I could never get the deal that is going on now. The original deal for two more cords were $468 each I believe. You drop your price to $350 and post on a public forum it should be available to anyone and not just new customers. It is a very dumb move in my book and all the reviews on audiogon prove that. It is ridiculous what I am seeing over there. Very few previous customers are posting anymore on a positive note.
   Lets take this a little further. My second cord came in with damaged ends and when I looked further at the prongs they had been plugged and un-plugged many times. It looked like a demo cord and had been roughed up a little. I sent pictures to Luidas and he agreed something was wrong. It took around 6 weeks and a few emails to resolve and he finally made it right. (pulling teeth)
   Like I said they are good well built cords but you need to buy at the right time. A 30 day money back guarantee is recommended though.

miklorsmith

« Reply #22 on: 29 Apr 2008, 04:00 pm »
I bought a TacT 2.2X from Tact, two weeks later they announced the XP for immediate release.  I complained and they upgraded the unit for just the price difference.  They were a pretty established company at that point.

Lessloss is different, they're trying to get some market penetration in a brutally difficult environment.  The Audiogon promotion may get enough product "out there" to get a foothold, or it might make folks mad like Tvad who bought at retail price in good faith.  I understand their idea and would guess they see the gamble involved.  They may feel it's the only way to sell any cords.  While these cords are quasi-affordable in our twisted world, it's still a lot of coin for 6 feet of wire.

As a new and unknown company, I'm sure they are operating on razor-thin margins.  The promotion may actually be selling cables at a loss to expose new folks to their wares.  A pre-existing customer, while thinking they are loyal buying more cables, is not furthering the goal of expanding the customer base.  As such, selling that customer more cables at a loss is bad business.  Offering a cable at $400 might even be a recognition of loyalty.

I'm just guessing, don't assume any of this is reality.  These are good guys though, with solid engineering chops and great sounding gear (the DAC for sure).  I just hate to see them get thrown under the bus.  Tvad's complaint is sound though, can't argue with that.   

paul canady

« Reply #23 on: 30 Apr 2008, 05:34 am »
  The only reason I am bitter over this is because I spent over 2k within 3 months on there power cords so the last thing I wanted to hear was I ordered a couple days to early. There are other guys bitter over this marketing strategy and it shows when they sell off all there Lessloss cords. If it had been at least a month I could understand. Luidas is a gentlemen and does have a way with words so it felt more like getting kicked in the balls with a pillow. Problem is I learn to read between the lines and the pillow seemed to have less padding than I care for.
   With all that said, even without the 30 day trial, $350 for the cord is a great deal. You have until tomorrow so you best hurry :)

mmakshak

« Reply #24 on: 30 Apr 2008, 03:05 pm »
  People got some great feedback on these cords here.  One way or the other , I just want to point out that this is the last day for the discount on Audiogon.  This deal includes 30% off future(within a year) power cord purchases.  I think that I can say for sure, that if you have pc's that aren't that good, that you will be amazed at what these do.  There is one caveat, though.  Remember, Tvad likes his cheap Volex with his power amps(The Volex is a bargain.).  I will be thinking about the statement by "one young guy" about getting close to our goal when you spend more on music than upgrades.

Jon L

« Reply #25 on: 1 May 2008, 09:24 pm »
Ehh, right before April 30 turned into May 1, my fingers seem to have slipped on the keyboard, and now I have a Lessloss cord on order  :duh: :duh:

mmakshak

« Reply #26 on: 2 May 2008, 04:04 pm »
  Jon L, can you let us know what you think of the Lessloss after you get it?

Jon L

« Reply #27 on: 2 May 2008, 09:49 pm »
  Jon L, can you let us know what you think of the Lessloss after you get it?

Of course  :wink: