New member - hello!

milkplus

New member - hello!
« on: 14 Feb 2024, 01:59 pm »
Hello there. Just joined the group, living in snowy Norway and am interested in Omega as I'm looking to find some sensitive speakers to match my Decware Zen Triode.

I'll probably have a lot of daft questions, so I hope the Omega hivemind will go gentle!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
Re: New member - hello!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2024, 03:46 pm »
Hi milkplus, and welcome from across the globe in Washington State, US! 

Fire away with questions you have.  I may not know the answers, but someone here likely will. 

I've not had Decware amps, but have had Dennis Had Inspire amps that have similar designs.  Mine were 6-15 watts, depending on the power tubes.  My SAM's were a great match at 95db sensitivity.  I've tried a range of amps and found Class A designs are a better match than the others.  I currently run a ~1978, Japanese made, Pioneer M-22.  All Class A, 25 wpc.  Best I've had, ever. 

milkplus

« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2024, 04:55 pm »
Cheers for the warm welcome! That amp looks like a beaut!

Pleased to hear that you've had success with the SAMs at such low wattage. Everything I've read seems to indicate as much, but it's always tough when you can't hear firsthand for yourself.

I actually emailed Louis to ask which speakers he recommended for my situation and he said the SAMs were the best bang for the buck compared to the CAMs or the Junior 8's. Unfortunately, the SAMs are a little too large for the space I want to put them in - from a WAF/aesthetics perspective at least. Although, I wonder if I put them on those low stands like in my other post that they might pass muster...

js1955

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2024, 05:02 pm »
A local buddy had the SAM's paired with an Almarro 318B amp.  Heard them many times, fantastic speakers.  He has owned many speakers, and the SAM's struck me as the best in his setup.      :thumb: