Introducing ApplePi DAC -- Highest Performance Raspberry Pi DAC

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
I will soon be launching a new DAC for the Raspberry Pi. It will be called ApplePi DAC.

With the upcoming release I am also looking for reviewers.

If you are interested in reviewing please contact me with the following information:
1. Where will the review be published?
2. How many visitors do you expect to have visibility of the review?
3. How long will it take to do the review once you receive a unit?
4. Have you done other reviews of Raspberry Pi Products, do you have any links to examples of your work?

Price: $200 USD, at launch available for $175

Questions/Comments also welcome.

How do you like them apples?
www.orchardaudio.com
www.facebook.com/orchardaudio
www.twitter.com/orchardaudio
www.instagram.com/orchardaudio
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2018, 01:55 pm by orchardaudio »

restrav

looks great. do you know the price point?

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
looks great. do you know the price point?

It will cost $200 USD, at time of launch it will be available for $175 USD.

JohnR

I suggest you send one on tour, attached to a Pi and with a couple of SD cards i.e. Volumio and Roon. You can organize it right here in this thread  :thumb:

Wayne1

I suggest you send one on tour, attached to a Pi and with a couple of SD cards i.e. Volumio and Roon. You can organize it right here in this thread  :thumb:
I'll sign up! :green:

restrav

OH Ill be so up for that

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Good stuff! Leo's a great guy !!!!

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio

I should be able to this after the product launch. Will keep this forum updated.

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
I should be able to this after the product launch. Will keep this forum updated.

Does somebody here have Roon and Moode SD card image files?

I was able to get Volumio and Rune Audio working over the weekend.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
What bit rate can it do?

Lol999

Don't see a headphone socket.

randytsuch

Does somebody here have Roon and Moode SD card image files?

I was able to get Volumio and Rune Audio working over the weekend.

Theres a very long Moode thread at diyaudio
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-1368.html#post5339168
I'd try to build it, and post there if you have problems.
He doesn't distribute images because of license issues with one of the programs used in Moode.

Lol999

Slightly off topic but I tried the self build for the Moode image and it was a nightmare. Went back to Rune.

JohnR

He doesn't distribute images because of license issues with one of the programs used in Moode.

There's a related thread in Discless circle.

It seems odd to me that Tim would have been forced to distribute the source code for Debian. I mean, how is that productive in any way? Still, I might try that build script and see how it goes.

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
What bit rate can it do?

Up to 24bit/192kHz

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
Don't see a headphone socket.

There is no headphone option on this DAC. You will need an external amplifier.

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio
Slightly off topic but I tried the self build for the Moode image and it was a nightmare. Went back to Rune.

I tried the self build utility and was having issue with it.

JohnR

I was able to get the Moode Audio install script to run no problem (*), installing Moode onto the boot SD card.

I wasn't able to get audio working to a USB DAC though, and in the process of trying to get it working it appears to have damaged itself, as I can no
longer view or set any of the configuration parameters (browser just hangs).

At any rate, Volumio is essentially the same thing isn't it?

(*) Apart from lack of feedback about what was going on and seemingly undocumented login details after the first reboot. FYI the hostname is changed to moode, username is still pi and password is moodeaudio.

randytsuch

I was able to get the Moode Audio install script to run no problem (*), installing Moode onto the boot SD card.

I wasn't able to get audio working to a USB DAC though, and in the process of trying to get it working it appears to have damaged itself, as I can no

(*) Apart from lack of feedback about what was going on and seemingly undocumented login details after the first reboot. FYI the hostname is changed to moode, username is still pi and password is moodeaudio.

Yeah, it would be nice if there was even a short user guide for moode.

FWIW, there is a thread on diyaudio where someone claims the moode sounds better than volumio and roone.

picoreplayer, which is based on the old squeezebox/LMS software, is also supposed to be a good option.  I guess you can run both the server and the player sw on a pi, so no need for another machine to run the server.

orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
    • Orchard Audio

I will try again in a few days.