Went to a superb Dallas Symphony performance last night...

kyyuan

My two favorites were:
- Romance from The Gadfly:  This was achingly beautiful.  My first live performance of this piece.
- Der Rosenkavalier Suite:  This was pretty, fun, whimsical, and had a lot of energy.  What a great way to end the night.

BPoletti

Re: Went to a superb Dallas Symphony performance last night...
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2011, 04:58 am »
There seems to have been a lot of really exceptional symphony performances this year.  Whadda think?  Global warming?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2011, 05:01 am »
Kyyuan, happy for you.  Cheers.  Keep an old Fort Worth resident abreast of what's happening and how good it sounds in Bass Hall.  Thanks.

kyyuan

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2011, 05:04 am »
Thanks JG.  I was at DSO last night and went to Bass Hall today.  A friend of mine was the violin soloist so I went to support her.  I love Bass Hall, but prefer DSO to FWSO, which is a pretty decent orchestra.

I now need to find a good CD for those two pieces.

Kyyuan, happy for you.  Cheers.  Keep an old Fort Worth resident abreast of what's happening and how good it sounds in Bass Hall.  Thanks.

kyyuan

« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2011, 05:06 am »
Maybe--who knows.  :scratch:  Here in North Texas, two weeks ago was record-low, and this week's weather is unseasonably warm. 

There seems to have been a lot of really exceptional symphony performances this year.  Whadda think?  Global warming?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2011, 06:07 am »
Thank you very much for your reply.  I have sentimental attachments to experiences of Fort Worth.  "Tooties" still on White Settlement near Angelo's?  Doubtful, I'm already sure.  But, there is still Angelo's.  The Bluebird Nitespot?  Likewise.  Such a pity if you are/were ready to sweat and jump!  Hertz Rent a Car still at 917 Taylor?  I owned and operated that in the early 70's and half the 80's tho my location was originally at West 7th and University.  Had a satellite at the Worthington Hotel which began as the Americana and Meacham Field when it was buzzin.  I understand (Texas Monthly) that Magnolia has become restaurant row.  I lived at 2209 Park Place which intersects with and is west of Magnolia (bout a block and a half) and very near Forest Park.  Next time you're dining thataways, you gotta drive by and think of ole Jim.  Best, mate, and thanks in advance . .
« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2011, 07:44 am by jimdgoulding »