Benchmark DAC2D keeps shutting down when warmed up...

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
I'm about 48 hours into ownership of a DAC2D I purchased, and other than a single error message after installing the drivers (something about a temp file not "being returned in 30000ms", if anyone else has experienced that), it works fine. For background, I'm using Win 7, Foobar w/ ASIO, USB input on the Benchmark. Word count and format lights all work fine for high-res material.

My issue is that once the unit has been playing for a while and the top of the case is warm to the touch, it'll sometimes just cut off unexpectedly. Shuts down completely, and then plays fine upon startup. Once it's happened once, it seems to occur more frequently.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? I'm thinking about calling Benchmark tomorrow, but wondering if there's a weird setting I may have accidentally activated trying to get it into USB 2.0 mode. My thoughts were that this should be able to be powered up all night with no problems...

Thanks!

Follow up: Figured out the issue. Turns out I had the most restrictive power setting applied, and while I don't know exactly what setting changed (wasn't the USB auto-turn off, oddly), going to a more power-intensive battery life profile seems to have fixed any cutting out issues.
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2020, 01:19 am by JimJ »