Can I join the club?

beat

Can I join the club?
« on: 21 Sep 2004, 11:09 pm »
Hey all,
What degrading and or illegal intiations must I endure to become family? Mafia family that is.  8)
thanks, beat

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Can I join the club?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2004, 11:32 pm »
Don't know what the requirements are now, but when I joined I had to strangle someone with some speaker wire, and bludgeon another guy with a power amp.

mgalusha

Can I join the club?
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2004, 12:07 am »
I was threatened with being stuffed inside Thomas' 12 Shivas Dancing subwoofer setup. Fortunately I was able to avoid that by being too big to fit down the hole. :lol:

Are you going to be in town? If so, I'm certainly looking forward to meeting you.

Mike

beat

Can I join the club?
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2004, 12:49 am »
I just got the go ahead to come up for the RM audiofest!! So yeah, I look forward to meeting you all too. Just let me know who I have to rough up with a red hot 300b and I'll do it.

mgalusha

Can I join the club?
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2004, 01:36 am »
Coming up for the RMAF is probably your best bet as there will lots of goodies to listen to. Not sure how many SET amps but I suspect a good amount will be on hand.

beat

Can I join the club?
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2004, 01:53 am »
well one SET will be more than I have experienced in the past. I am considering buying an 845 or 300b or 2a3 whether diy or namebrand..I just want to know what I'm dealing with. I have 0 experience with low power/high efficiency and think I'd like to tap that market with some of my own designs some day.  I have a couple tricks up my sleeve as an industrial designer. The thing that intrigues me about the 845 is you can get so much power out of a single tube.

PeteG

Can I join the club?
« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2004, 09:45 pm »
Quote from: mgalusha
I was threatened with being stuffed inside Thomas' 12 Shivas Dancing subwoofer setup. Fortunately I was able to avoid that by being too big to fit down the hole. :lol:

Mike

Ya, we couldn’t get mike down there so we played Laurie Anderson/Life on a String over and over again at high volume till he started screaming.

Beat
It's a very nice drive up I-25 from NM.

Pete