• Industry Contributor
Re: Updated Line force (Super LS? )
« Reply #120 on: 5 Aug 2019, 10:35 pm »
They live again!

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #121 on: 5 Aug 2019, 10:37 pm »
Thanks Danny. Really glad they  are  safe and sound, we felt they  were pretty secure.  Custom box/packing adds up but it's worth it.
Can't wait to see  a couple pics  once  you  assemble them and the rest of the setup   !!

jay

Jay,

Did you take any pics of the packing process?

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #122 on: 5 Aug 2019, 11:00 pm »
Jay,

Did you take any pics of the packing process?

Mike

No,   probably should have though.   I modeled everything up then   we had  custom  #2styrofoam  cnc cut.
Did it in such a way that after wrapping  each cabinet, we could  basically  encapsulate   both speakers in  foram around a core, then wrap  them all up  with  cling to keep it all     bound together  before finally  slipping   the entire   thing into a  custom made  , super heavy duty box.
We did very similar  for the  S7 center, the  dual h-frame, and the  Line Force/Super LS  bases.

jay

soundofrockets

« Reply #123 on: 6 Aug 2019, 02:24 am »
Eagerly waiting for the fully assembled pics.  What kind of parts will be used for the XOs?
Information on the performance, sound etc

:banana piano: :banana piano: :hyper:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #124 on: 6 Aug 2019, 03:47 pm »
Oh My! Those will be spectacular!

Where can one go to Demo these?  :green:

I would be certain these could be among the very best speakers ever made.

Danny Richie

« Reply #125 on: 6 Aug 2019, 05:12 pm »
Oh My! Those will be spectacular!

Where can one go to Demo these?  :green:

I would be certain these could be among the very best speakers ever made.

After about an hour of listening to the original model the designer of the drivers said that my system was the best sounding system that he has heard in 30 years of audio.  :green:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=137990.msg1469047#msg1469047

SoCalWJS

« Reply #126 on: 6 Aug 2019, 06:52 pm »
After about an hour of listening to the original model the designer of the drivers said that my system was the best sounding system that he has heard in 30 years of audio.  :green:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=137990.msg1469047#msg1469047
Looking forward to comments on differences (if any, and if so, how much) between the original Aluminum frames and these Composites. I hope they are fairly minor or even imperceptible.

Captainhemo

« Reply #127 on: 6 Aug 2019, 10:56 pm »
Looking forward to comments on differences (if any, and if so, how much) between the original Aluminum frames and these Composites. I hope they are fairly minor or even imperceptible.

There will be no  resonance issues with these.  A fully open cabinet like these won't be loaded much, if any at all. There is no outer wing to create anything. 
We went  with a  composite that is  slightly denser than  MDF, roughly .8 gr/cc.  Main issues were  strength as  there is not  a  lot  of material  left  between drivers  after machining.
This stuff  is so dimensionsally stable and nice to machine. On top of that,  once it's  glued up, it's really one solid piece, the joint becomes part of the material itself.
We also put  a lot of emphasis on attention to detail so nothing looks overlooked or  unfinished. Every exposed edge, even  on the bases   has been finished with a tight, 3.175mm  radius. All driver cutouts have a large radius on the  rear side along with a very  tight bevel around the front side so after mounting drivers it will be ever so slightly  apparent.
We've  consulted with Danny throughout this design process, I'm confident these will be easily measure  up  :)

jay

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #128 on: 7 Aug 2019, 12:15 am »
  Beautiful work Sirs How much $$$ for speaker ? Thank you.

charles

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #129 on: 22 Aug 2019, 05:04 pm »
Do we have lift-off?  :popcorn:   :D

soundofrockets

« Reply #130 on: 23 Aug 2019, 02:03 am »
When is the reveal? :drums: :drums:

Danny Richie

« Reply #131 on: 9 Sep 2019, 07:46 pm »
The pair is up and playing. I'll post a bunch of pictures and impressions shortly.

mattburk

« Reply #132 on: 19 Oct 2019, 09:33 pm »
:o :o :o :o :o

:thumb:

Make the feet/base lower if possible, cradle it to the floor like pardigm or some of the many others that are low and wide.

Captainhemo

« Reply #133 on: 20 Oct 2019, 05:53 pm »
Make the feet/base lower if possible, cradle it to the floor like pardigm or some of the many others that are low and wide.

You want the LS to be up where it is and  actually, they are not the  tall but are    wider than you may think from  the pictures

jay

Stogie49

« Reply #134 on: 23 Nov 2020, 05:06 pm »
So how tall are these overall?

jeno

« Reply #135 on: 31 Mar 2021, 08:28 am »
Super interesting speakers! Will these come as a kit or fully asmbeled at some point? I see the NEO10 are now available again.

Couple of questions:

Do these have some kind of shading, or do all mid drivers play the same signal, and all the tweeters play the same signal?
Are there any reason besides cost that you haven't extended the line even further with more drivers? Extending the line towards the floor and ceiling could give a floor (and ceiling) reflection that could be beneficial as long as you don't use any shading.

Hoping to hear your thoughts on this. :)

cjsailer

« Reply #136 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:06 am »
Super interesting speakers! Will these come as a kit or fully asmbeled at some point? I see the NEO10 are now available again.

Couple of questions:

Do these have some kind of shading, or do all mid drivers play the same signal, and all the tweeters play the same signal?
Are there any reason besides cost that you haven't extended the line even further with more drivers? Extending the line towards the floor and ceiling could give a floor (and ceiling) reflection that could be beneficial as long as you don't use any shading.

Hoping to hear your thoughts on this. :)

Where exactly do you find reasonably priced NEO10s?  I've seen them only priced @ $370 a pop, so a pair Super LS will run you $4440 just for those drivers, you'll still need a whole mess of NEO3s, the crossover, then the flat pack.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #137 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:17 am »
Where exactly do you find reasonably priced NEO10s?  I've seen them only priced @ $370 a pop, so a pair Super LS will run you $2960 just for those drivers, you'll still need a whole mess of NEO3s, the crossover, then the flat pack.

Right now I dont really know if there is.. at least I haven't seen any available lately.
Overall, they seem to go thru cycles of availability and have only gotten more expensive with each occasional release.. even the Neo3s have gotten really expensive, running $90-130 depending on the model... Luckily, Danny has his own version.

I think someone was considering trying out the GRS branded Neo10 clone as an alternative, but from when testing with the Super mini baffle, it doesn't quite play low enough to reach the 200hz limit of the subs, tho that may be less of an issue in a line-source setup.

Even then, your still looking at roughly $1500 for just the GRS clones to build one.

mkrawcz

« Reply #138 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:32 am »
I believe the Neo10s are currently out of production. At least in the DIY market.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #139 on: 2 Apr 2021, 01:43 am »
Yes, the BG NEO10's are no longer available via Parts-Express.  They are gone from the website.  Only the BG NEO3 and NEO8 models are still there.