Newbie intro - audiophile from Hungary

matvogel

Newbie intro - audiophile from Hungary
« on: 5 Jun 2022, 05:10 pm »
Hey Guys,
glad I found this place - I just registered today and as a first post, I want to introduce myself. My Name is Matthias, I'm originally from Germany but live in Hungary since 16 years and being 52 years old, I have seen lots of trends and developments in the HiFi world. But one constant in my life was that I never stopped listening records which became a true passion. Over the years, I collected a few thousand records, mainly rock, jazz, opera, classic. I recently made some changes in my setup. For decades, I used to listen to my records with a Technics SL-M1 turntable and love this player. I still keep it for mono but built myself a large plinth for a 3-arm setup. The drive is a Technics SP-15 - yes main reason for buying it was 78rpm - and I mounted a Technics EPA-100 as my prime arm for high compliance cartridges, second arm is a Sony PUA-1500S and 3rd is a AT-1503 for low compliance like my DL-103R and a Grado 78C. Will describe the player in a separate post later. Phono stages are Project TubeBox and Musical Fidelity LX2LPS, main amp is a Pathos Logos Mk2 hybrid, speakers are from nubert. Beside my audiophile and music passion, I have a wonderful wife and I'm a father of two teenagers and luckily all share more or less the same passion or at least are tolerant if daddy again bought lots of new records or installs new gear.

Hope to learn a lot here!
Best,
Matthias

Grinnell

Re: Newbie intro - audiophile from Hungary
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2022, 02:34 pm »
Welcome.  I'm Karl-Heinz from the US of A.  Not from Germany just my heritage.  I was not a big audiophile growing up ( photographer so that's where my money went :)  but got the bug when i was nearing 50 just over a decade ago.  Love sitting down and listening to a whole side of an LP.  My wife is a professor of German history so we spend a lot of time in Berlin and surrounding countries.   Love the food.