No sound

WarmColors

No sound
« on: 16 May 2021, 09:32 pm »
Hi all,

I finally finished the sub box for the sealed sub. I connected everything and played a song and nothing.

I have a PS Audio gaincell dac connecting to the line in jack on the sub plate amp. before i start moving switches or moving knobs, any recommendations of what i could be doing wrong? I hooked up the sub driver to their corresponding cables that came with the plate amp.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: No sound
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2021, 09:42 pm »
Did you check that the amp's servo wires go to the servo coils and the driver wires go to the drive coils?  If they are swapped, probably no sound output.

WarmColors

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2021, 09:46 pm »
Did you check that the amp's servo wires go to the servo coils and the driver wires go to the drive coils?  If they are swapped, probably no sound output.

That is the only thing that i can think of that i did wrong.
I just went off by another post from saying the taller (larger pair goes on the driver and the shorter pair goes on the servo coils.) I noticed that other people have their subs hooked up to the binding post, but I just have RCAs and im connecting to the line in

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2021, 10:00 pm »
The RCA Line inputs should work correctly. 

Which servo amp are you using?

WarmColors

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2021, 10:06 pm »
A370PEQ

Ugh, Now I cant get the connector (clip) disconnected from the driver it self. It's really wedged in there

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2021, 10:15 pm »
Just in case you need the setup sheet:

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/PEQ_quickguide.pdf

WarmColors

« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2021, 10:20 pm »
 :duh:

So... I was afraid of moving settings on the amp just in case i may have done something wrong... turns out i had the volume level low/medium.  I guess the amp needs to be set on max volume level for it to work? is that normal? With previous amps i only set it at medium and it worked fine.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2021, 10:25 pm »
Depends on your main speaker sensitivity and preamp gain.

Try at between 12O'clock and 3O'clock for volume setting on the servo amp.  The preamp outputs to the line inputs voltage will determine the overall signal level getting to the servo amp.

WarmColors

« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2021, 10:25 pm »
Darn....

Now I want to purchase the OB subs and the MTMs instead of the NX studios.
Sub sounds amazing. I just have to wait for Danny to get the parts of the NX studios.
By any chance anybody want to buy the CNC cut box for the NX studios so i can purchase the MTMs? :P

WarmColors

« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2021, 02:16 am »

Hi all,

I installed the plate amp and the speaker it self for a few days and just now I realized one of my pets scratched and punctured the "surround" according to the diagram.

What high flexible silicon sealer would any of you recommend?
« Last Edit: 21 May 2021, 03:34 am by WarmColors »

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2021, 02:40 am »
By any chance anybody want to buy the CNC cut box for the NX studios so i can purchase the MTMs? :P

Stop tempting me!  :lol: 

WarmColors

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2021, 03:35 am »
Is parfix high flexibility a good brand?