Teo Audio Liquid metal cables

Don_S

Re: Teo Audio Liquid metal cables
« Reply #40 on: 20 Feb 2017, 02:03 am »
I'm going to order a pair and I'll let you guys know how they fare. I have Cerious graphene extreme, Morrow MA-5's and Audio Magic Triniums to compare to. A diverse set of topologies and none in the uber expensive layer.

Bless you.  :beer:

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 20 Feb 2017, 04:28 am »
Having had a pair of Teo speaker cables in my system for some time, I can attest to their spectacular performance. Originally, I had them on loan for evaluation, and quickly realized they were NOT going back!

I originally refused to make speaker cables, knowing they'd be stupid expensive.

I decided to get into the herculean task of designing a set and making them, and this, at least a few years after we started selling the RCA's. I was finally curious enough. I knew at the higher current would 'steer' and control the fluid, to exert much influence on the conductive threading and ribboning (complex dynamic electrohydrodynamics) in the fluid and actually be better than the interconnects.

When I heard them, I knew it would be a seller... and a pita to explain. It is the hearing that counts.

I don't want expensive stuff! I'm an original audio cheapskate!

But if this seems a bit much to absorb, I will offer an alternative subject that is scientifically 'off' in engineering speak, but totally real in physics.

The subject of overunity. Overunity, ie, perpetual motion, and beyond... is crap... right?

Not so fast.  As long as you don't try to talk about it on forums and actually speak to physicists, you will find out that over unity is considered a very alive and real subject.

Untold billions of US federal and corporate dollars have been spent in making it work. So yeah, overunity is a scientific point that has been found to be real enough to openly and publicly spend tens of billions on.

In this case, it is called a fusion reactor. One of them being a Tokamak reactor. Just about any country of note and major corporation is making one to play with. They like them as power remains centralized. Cough. Ahem. And it costs them nothing once it is working but doled out to you..well...like a fiat currency. But other ideas, non centralized ones... don't work. They are fantasy, of course. As for the tokamak reactors.....we are nearly there!

Back to the subject at hand. Fluid metal has a dynamic 'electron cloud/orbital' conductive pathway alignment aspect that responds electrically and physically to the load or charge differentials.

No frozen (solidus) element or alloy wire can duplicate this feat.

Whether it is relevant to dynamic audio signals or not, is a thing for a listener to discern. The 85%-95% retention rate in the trials for this GC RCA cable seems to speak to a fairly universal fit.

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #42 on: 20 Feb 2017, 04:40 am »
Bless you.  :beer:

Here's a post I made on another forum, regarding discernment and the modern audiophile animal:

Quote from: Teo Audio
(Originally there was an interesting but mildly vociferously couched post here. Something about the Fish being good enough for Jehovah.)

« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2017, 10:35 pm by KHotte »

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #43 on: 20 Feb 2017, 02:38 pm »
Wait....hold on...did you just say Perpetual Motion is real?

Not so fast.  As long as you don't try to talk about it on forums and actually speak to physicists, you will find out that over unity is considered a very alive and real subject.

Untold billions of US federal and corporate dollars have been spent in making it work. So yeah, overunity is a scientific point that has been found to be real enough to openly and publicly spend tens of billions on.

Tokamak still requires power input and significant amount of containment to keep it operational.
In this case, it is called a fusion reactor. One of them being a Tokamak reactor. Just about any country of note and major corporation is making one to play with. They like them as power remains centralized. Cough. Ahem. And it costs them nothing once it is working but doled out to you..well...like a fiat currency. But other ideas, non centralized ones... don't work. They are fantasy, of course. As for the tokamak reactors.....we are nearly there!

We are not "nearly there" we are there. and they do not, nor will they ever produce free perpetual energy.
Yes things are getting better, and when Frances big Tokomak becomes operational in a few more years things will be interesting.

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: 20 Feb 2017, 05:15 pm »
Wait....hold on...did you just say Perpetual Motion is real?
Tokamak still requires power input and significant amount of containment to keep it operational.We are not "nearly there" we are there. and they do not, nor will they ever produce free perpetual energy.
Yes things are getting better, and when Frances big Tokomak becomes operational in a few more years things will be interesting.

I glossed over the fuel part - Makes for more exciting reading. This point on fuel sourcing or a 'from-to' understanding (it's meaning to the given in situ equation) also plagues the DIY efforts in these technological areas.

JohnR

« Reply #45 on: 20 Feb 2017, 05:43 pm »
I glossed over the fuel part -

I can't tell if you're being serious or wry. Glossing over the "fuel" part is of course the whole reason the perpetual motion myth exists in the first place.

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #46 on: 20 Feb 2017, 06:08 pm »
Isn't there another company offering liquid metal cables?

I'd like to know who might be eligible to be sent a cease and desist order....

As for the fluid metal itself, it has some interesting behaviors, ones that may be associated with it's perceived high levels of sound quality transfer.

Highest level of wide-band spectral reflectivity (ie, visible light and so on), ie best mirror surface
Highest level of creep (as in oil creeping in a gap)
Highest level of lubricity
Very high thermal capacity

JohnR

« Reply #47 on: 20 Feb 2017, 06:25 pm »

I'd like to know who might be eligible to be sent a cease and desist order....

Ken, you are not allowed to use this site to make legal threats.

sfox7076

« Reply #48 on: 20 Feb 2017, 06:30 pm »
I hope these aren't full of mercury.  Can you let me know what metal you use before I bring it into a house with 2 boys under 5?

JohnR

« Reply #49 on: 20 Feb 2017, 06:31 pm »
Acccording to the 6moons review, it's a slurry of gallium, indium, and tin.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #50 on: 20 Feb 2017, 06:34 pm »
Just what exactly would the legal threat be over? I'm pretty sure you can't tell someone to stop using fundamental laws of physics to transmit electrical signals.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #51 on: 20 Feb 2017, 07:11 pm »
Just what exactly would the legal threat be over? I'm pretty sure you can't tell someone to stop using fundamental laws of physics to transmit electrical signals.

If they have a patent for using this methodology of liquid metal then they have every right to protect their business through patent law.

sfox7076

« Reply #52 on: 20 Feb 2017, 07:17 pm »
Guess the metal is pressurized to stay liquid...

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #53 on: 20 Feb 2017, 07:20 pm »
If they have a patent for using this methodology of liquid metal then they have every right to protect their business through patent law.

Did you place an order yet Pete? If so, what's the model name? Price?

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #54 on: 20 Feb 2017, 07:30 pm »
Guess the metal is pressurized to stay liquid...

I highly highly doubt that a plastic tube can withstand any sort of pressure that would be sufficient to cause a phase change in a metal alloy.

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #55 on: 20 Feb 2017, 08:32 pm »
Ken, you are not allowed to use this site to make legal threats.

I made the one comment that was loose and non-specific, and have no urge to pursue or mention it here any further.

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #56 on: 20 Feb 2017, 08:41 pm »
I can't tell if you're being serious or wry. Glossing over the "fuel" part is of course the whole reason the perpetual motion myth exists in the first place.

Since there is no such thing as a scientific law (social punishment schemes) - only theory exists...which is subject to modification and change based on new evidence. One can call it myth all they want, but logic dictates that the door is always open. Otherwise science cannot change and would be forcing all future development like a blinkered gauntlet and unchanging arrow... - which would seemingly place science in the realm of dogma and circular logic. :) (just polite conversation, here...)

Big Red Machine

« Reply #57 on: 20 Feb 2017, 09:12 pm »
Did you place an order yet Pete? If so, what's the model name? Price?

When I get them and run them in Tom I'll post my comparisons and thoughts in the cable circle under path of least resistance or somewhere else as appropriate. I am a technology junkie so am eyes wide open on this one.

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 20 Feb 2017, 11:17 pm »
When I get them and run them in Tom I'll post my comparisons and thoughts in the cable circle under path of least resistance or somewhere else as appropriate. I am a technology junkie so am eyes wide open on this one.

"(except rap and country)"

They are starting to put the two together, these days. This means you will only need one grenade. Efficiency and economy.

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
« Reply #59 on: 20 Feb 2017, 11:45 pm »
Since there is no such thing as a scientific law (social punishment schemes) - only theory exists...
What???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_law
A scientific law is a statement based on repeated experimental observations that describes some aspects of the universe. A scientific law always applies under the same conditions, and implies that there is a causal relationship involving its elements. Factual and well-confirmed statements like "Mercury is liquid at standard temperature and pressure" are considered too specific to qualify as scientific laws. A central problem in the philosophy of science, going back to David Hume, is that of distinguishing causal relationships (such as those implied by laws) from principles that arise due to constant conjunction.[1]
Laws differ from scientific theories in that they do not posit a mechanism or explanation of phenomena: they are merely distillations of the results of repeated observation. As such, a law is limited in applicability to circumstances resembling those already observed, and may be found false when extrapolated.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/scientific-law
scientific law
noun
a phenomenon of nature that has been proven to invariably occur whenever certain conditions exist or are met; also, a formal statement about such a phenomenon; also called natural law

http://blog.ed.ted.com/2016/06/07/whats-the-difference-between-a-scientific-law-and-theory-in-ted-ed-gifs/
Scientific laws and theories have different jobs to do. A scientific law predicts the results of certain initial conditions. It might predict your unborn child’s possible hair colors, or how far a baseball travels when launched at a certain angle.