COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

Hi-Fi Obsession

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #20 on: 6 Aug 2015, 02:46 am »
Haha!  Dantonio is a bit stiff, but I couldn't be happier with him.  Between Coach D and Tom Izzo there is a lot to enjoy at MSU.  I soak it in because I know we won't always be so fortunate.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #21 on: 6 Aug 2015, 11:02 am »
LOL, or how about this one?! 

Those are tractors Mudslide.  Dad was very loyal to John Deere.  At one point there were 17 John Deere tractors on the farm.

Mudslide

« Reply #22 on: 6 Aug 2015, 02:31 pm »
Those are tractors Mudslide.  Dad was very loyal to John Deere.  At one point there were 17 John Deere tractors on the farm.

Yes, I know.  I was taking some literary liberties.   :bounce:

That had to be one humongous farm!  Did you grow up on the farm?  In the midwest?

Here's a picture of my father on our tractor....Durham County, Kansas, ca. 1945.

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #23 on: 6 Aug 2015, 03:23 pm »

Mudslide

« Reply #24 on: 6 Aug 2015, 04:06 pm »

Hahaaa...that's great stuff, Vulcan!!!

Mudslide

« Reply #25 on: 6 Aug 2015, 04:12 pm »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #26 on: 6 Aug 2015, 06:57 pm »
Yes, I know.  I was taking some literary liberties.   :bounce:

That had to be one humongous farm!  Did you grow up on the farm?  In the midwest?

Here's a picture of my father on our tractor....Durham County, Kansas, ca. 1945.

17 tractors included lawn mowers, gator, and a push peddle toy.  We grew cash crops in southern Michigan.  The only livestock we had were some cats, our dog, and my brother.  Sorry for your Dad being photographed on a Farmall, Grandpa had the first F-14 to come to Michigan on rubber tires and Dad traded a pair of Super M Farmalls for his first John Deere, a 70 that I learned on.  The 4010 is 53 years old and still going strong.  Dad pointed out that no John Deere tractor has ever lost value!

Mike B.

« Reply #27 on: 6 Aug 2015, 07:49 pm »
I am a Oregon alum and big fan also. I see this year as rebuilding year. You can't top what Marcus brought to their game. Lots of holes to fill as well. I will be interested on how things shake out at QB between the tried and true backup and the kid from Eastern Washington.

Mudslide

« Reply #28 on: 6 Aug 2015, 08:12 pm »
I have to say this about Mariota.

Those who say/said that Jameis is superior or equal to MM have not watched any film of him when he was healthy.  And the only reason I can see the criminal Jameis doing so well was that he played in the ACC, aka Sisters-of-the-Poor conference.  JLM ( :wink:) could even toss td passes in that conference.  I'll enjoy watching their NFL careers diverge.

I think you're right about the team, Mike.  If whoever qbs the team can get the ball regularly to the unbelievably talented play-makers...the Ducks will have an awesome season.  I think the defense will likely be adequate to win games 49-30.   :scratch:

kgturner

« Reply #29 on: 6 Aug 2015, 11:02 pm »
Can't wait! Our defense will be much improved because Lord knows it can't be any worse!  :roll:

charmerci

« Reply #30 on: 7 Aug 2015, 12:12 am »
I'll be happy with a .500 Virginia Tech season...

They're predicted to do better than that - and I think they will - and not just because I went there!  :thumb:

Mudslide

« Reply #31 on: 7 Aug 2015, 03:18 am »
Auburn is getting a LOT of love from the pundits for taking the SEC!  I hope that young qb is all that everyone says.   :thumb:

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #32 on: 7 Aug 2015, 04:59 am »

They're predicted to do better than that - and I think they will - and not just because I went there!  :thumb:

I got out in '09. Paid off my degree last week. :-p

whell

« Reply #33 on: 7 Aug 2015, 02:38 pm »
I'm a Michigan State fan (son and daughter graduated from there, still live 30 miles away).  Growing up it was (and still is in most of the state) easier to be a U/M fan.  Even searching for "Michigan State football" brings up on top an article about Ohio State forecasted to win the Big 10 with a picture of Harbaugh.   :nono:  Will we ever get past being the ugly step child?

And what's this continued crap about a conference called Big 10 that has 14 schools?  Nothing against Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, or Nebraska but the identity has been lost.  And why can't they come up with a new/better name?

Am happy for their #6 ranking (less attention versus a higher ranking with the whole season ahead of us to move up).  But honestly college football teams shouldn't be ranked until October and basketball until January.  Too many unknowns to make good guesses and if wrong the teams profit or suffer under that early ranking.  And it leaves too much leeway for perennial favorites (like Norte Dame) to be given high rankings early and only lightly punished for defeats or close wins during the season (who thankfully we don't play this year). 

The Oregon game will be a real test, but is in East Lansing this time around (Oregon is one of my favorite teams).  We should have at least 6 wins going into Ann Arbor mid-season and hopefully 9 wins before traveling to Columbus on November 21st.  Regardless Michigan State always sells lots of bowl tickets so we should get a good draw.

Right there with you, sir.  1984 MSU graduate.  Can't wait to give Oregon a bit of payback.  :)

Mike B.

« Reply #34 on: 7 Aug 2015, 04:42 pm »
One of these years Southern Cal will be back at the top of the heap again. They are off sanctions and always have a top recruiting class. I suspect Ohio State and Alabama will be there at the end of the season?

Mudslide

« Reply #35 on: 7 Aug 2015, 07:05 pm »
Mike, USC will be very welcomed at Autzen Stadium this year.  A game I fear for the Ducks.

TCU, Oregon, Auburn, tOSU CFP.  Book it.   :lol:

Emil

« Reply #36 on: 7 Aug 2015, 07:35 pm »

One sad Oregon fan. No more Mariota :bawl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=a6Cj1vZbLCY

charmerci

« Reply #37 on: 7 Aug 2015, 09:57 pm »
I got out in '09. Paid off my degree last week. :-p

Congrats! I went in the 80's when it was cheap to go to college.

Randy

« Reply #38 on: 7 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm »
Michigan fans are hopeful and looking forward to football again. Go Blue!

Emil

« Reply #39 on: 8 Aug 2015, 03:04 pm »
Michigan fans are hopeful and looking forward to football again. Go Blue!

Hey Randy

Looking forward to seeing you guys again on 11/21/15 in Happy Valley. A White Out no less

Remember the last time they were there? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgSqzckZg-4

Yes, I know...you won last year but it was ugly :lol: