Tickets for Talisman SE Raffle for Katrina

Mike Dzurko

« on: 16 Sep 2005, 01:18 pm »
Here they are!

http://www.audioc.com/raffle1/raffle4.htm

YOU can make a difference! AND, you might even find yourself owning a brand new pair of Talisman SEs: http://www.audioc.com/speakers1/talisman/talismanse.htm

$65.00 buys you a 1 in 110 chance of becoming the lucky owner of a pair of these elegant towers! You can purchase as many tickets as you want to increase your chance of winning. The winner's Talisman SEs will be built after the close of the raffle.

Katrina has been absolultely devastating as I'm sure you're aware. All proceeds from this Talisman SE raffle will go to the American Red Cross hurricane relief effort.

eric the red

« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2005, 01:55 pm »
Mike-Your site's checkout just showed me being charged $110.00 for a ticket :?:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2005, 02:35 pm »
Quote from: eric the red
Mike-Your site's checkout just showed me being charged $110.00 for a ticket :?:

Eric:

I just tried it and got the same results. There is an error in the shopping cart code. Murphy's law, we're working on the server and it may be a bit of time until we can get it fixed. The correct amount per ticket is $65 and that is what will be charged . . .  thanks for catching it!

Groch

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2005, 03:01 pm »
It is working fine now, charging $65 per ticket.  

Thanks for doing this Mike.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2005, 03:30 pm »
Quote from: Groch
It is working fine now, charging $65 per ticket.  

Thanks for doing this Mike.

Whew! Glad we were able to fix it before we confused everyone :)

We're glad to be able to do this . . . ladies and gents, feel free to spread the word on this one around the various forums. TIA

rosconey

« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2005, 03:43 pm »
if it werent for bad luck id have no luck at all :lol:
but what they hay i tried anyway :mrgreen:

eric the red

« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2005, 05:12 pm »
Thanks again for the raffle Mike. I'll have a nice pair of GR Research Paradox 3s for auction for the relief effort after I win your speakers :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Rich Carlson

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2005, 02:55 pm »
Great thing to do, Mike.  Missed out on the first one, but not this time!

Craig Chase

« Reply #8 on: 21 Sep 2005, 01:03 am »
Mike - We are in for two ! Thanks for another great idea !

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 21 Sep 2005, 10:25 pm »
Update:

The Talisman SE offered for raffle are pictured in black oak. As of right now,  several other woods are available including maple, cherry, walnut and clear oak. . . all subject to availability.

Thanks to all who are participating!

BradJudy

« Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 2005, 10:43 pm »
It looks like we might be in for another round of hurricane related relief efforts.  I'm in for one.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2005, 02:16 pm »
Quote from: BradJudy
It looks like we might be in for another round of hurricane related relief efforts.  I'm in for one.

Man, things look bad for the Gulf Coast right now  . . .  at least people are getting out this time . . .  I'm definitely praying for them.  Thanks again to all who are supporting this raffle.

Woodsea

« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2005, 10:40 pm »
I purchased mine before these last two started coming thru the gulf.  That whole region is going to look like a war zone.  I feel sorry for the people and the administration :!:
Thanks for the raffle, Mike

JackStraw

« Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2005, 04:36 pm »
I did the XL raffle and now I'm in for 1 ticket here. What does the count look like, Mike?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 2005, 09:18 pm »
Quote from: JackStraw
I did the XL raffle and now I'm in for 1 ticket here. What does the count look like, Mike?

I'm not sure, haven't checked it since Wednesday or Thursday when I believe we were around 1/2 sold . . .  my accountant has informed me that we must close this raffle by the 29th regardless of where it stands. Thanks to all so far, and I hope generous audiophiles spread the word and help us end this strong and send as much possible to hurricane relief!

Harry P

« Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2005, 06:47 pm »
Quote from: Mike Dzurko
Quote from: JackStraw

I'm not sure, haven't checked it since Wednesday or Thursday when I believe we were around 1/2 sold . . .  my accountant has informed me that we must close this raffle by the 29th regardless of where it stands. Thanks to all so far, and I hope generous audiophiles spread the word and help us end this strong and send as much possible to hurricane relief!

Mike,

If you close the raffle before all the tickets are sold will you still draw a winner or are you planning on refunding the sold tickets?

BradJudy

« Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2005, 08:45 pm »
Mike,

I have gotten in contact with the RMAF organizers and they seem willing to link from their site to the various charity raffles and auctions going on at the moment.  I have given them a list that includes this raffle, so hopefully they can get it posted and the attention on the RMAF this week will get some tickets sold.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #17 on: 25 Sep 2005, 10:34 pm »
Quote from: Harry P
Mike,

If you close the raffle before all the tickets are sold will you still draw a winner or are you planning on refunding the sold tickets?

Harry:

We're planning on drawing a winner and sending the proceeds to Katrina relief. IF we don't sell the full 110 tickets, we just won't be able to send as much, and THAT will be a real shame.  . .  and why I'm hoping the tickets just fly the next couple of days :)

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #18 on: 25 Sep 2005, 10:36 pm »
Quote from: BradJudy
Mike,

I have gotten in contact with the RMAF organizers and they seem willing to link from their site to the various charity raffles and auctions going on at the moment.  I have given them a list that includes this raffle, so hopefully they can get it posted and the attention on the RMAF this week will get some tickets sold.

Very cool . . .  anybody else who has ways of spreading the word, please do so. With the help of all of you, I want to send as much as possible to Katrina relief.

Thump553

« Reply #19 on: 26 Sep 2005, 12:41 am »
This is the fifth raffle ACI has run since January 1 of this year. The first  three raffles benefited victims of the Asian Tsunami, Ronald McDonald House, and Alzheimer's Association.  

My mother and at least two of her siblings (so far) died of Alzheimer's.  Thanks for the good work, Mike.  My entry went in tonight.