ACI Auditions, Get-Togethers, Demos; Let's Party!

Mike Dzurko

« on: 24 Oct 2004, 01:43 pm »
Thank you Jayman for the "push" !

Up until now, we at ACI have done a very poor job of supporting "group" auditions, get-togethers, etc. I take responsibility for this. I've always felt that individual, in-home trial is the way to go. I still believe that to be true, but there is certainly no reason it rules out other types of auditions and demos. Just this weekend one of our Titans was scheduled to "perform" at a get together in Austin, TX.  As a company, ACI needs to encourage and support group demos, get-togethers, etc.

As a community, I hope that ACI owners and potential owners will work together to set up auditions, demos and lots of just plain fun! It can be as simple and cool as a customer with an ACI setup showing off his system for a couple of hours to someone in the neighborhood. It might be someone hosting a get-together for an afternoon or weekend. I'll be happy to support anyone who wants to host such an event. We can supply some of the gear. We can promote the events here and in our newsletter. My work schedule is pretty tight, but I'd love to show up when I can, hang out, swap stories, and buy a round  :)

Please use this thread as a place to post:
- If you're trying to find someone in your area who has an ACI system you can hear.
- If you want to let members know they're welcome to contact you to setup a time to experience your ACI system.
- If you'd like to help put together some sort of event in your area. Maybe you want to host and show off your existing system. Maybe you want us to loan you some additional gear for the event.

This isn't only about ACI equipment. It can be a great way to build community. Maybe you just want to pull together people from your area to take in a concert.

Have a great day!

Harry P

« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2004, 08:01 pm »
GREAT plan.  The next few months are deadly for me. Come spring, this is something I'd be very interested in.

Eric

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2004, 09:16 pm »
How about in the spring we set up a demo of my jags?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2004, 08:52 pm »
Quote from: Eric
How about in the spring we set up a demo of my jags?

Eric:

Cool! Plan it for whenever it is convenient for you. I think you're only around three hours away, so if it works with my schedule I'd love to drive down, meet you and as many folks who can make it.

Inscrutable

• http://home.earthlink.net/~inscrutabl/index.html
« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2004, 09:43 pm »
Mike,
Do you know any non-AC'ers here in NC with ACI speakers?  No one in our local Circle does.  But we certainly welcome interlopers, miscreants and indigents with open arms.  Oh, wait ... those are the members :wink:

ClausenLT

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2004, 12:42 am »
My brother lives in Cary and I bought my SapphireIII's from him...but I don't know what he has now...funny thing is.... at one point he had a pair of Von Schweikert's and I remeber thinking he got the s*&^ end of the stick on the deal...and he paid around $3000 for those back in I'd say '97-'98. They sounded good I won't say they didn't, but they just were not the ACI's Sapphire's!

tex-amp

« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2004, 04:08 am »
The Titan perform quite well at the Austin GTG as well as in my house.   I love this sub. THe room we were in I would guesstimate as being 15'w by 50+ feet long with a cathedal ceiling around 20 feet.  The Titan easily filled this space with good clean solid bass.  The Darla scene like I'd never experienced it before.

Listening room.  What you can't see is that behind the fireplace theree is a dining area and then a room length pass thru bar into the kitchen

left to right ; Rocket 750, Rocket UFW-10, behind that is a Hsu STF-1, ACI Titan, Hsu STF-2 with a pair of RAD Micros sitting on top, ANd Ascend Acoustics 340m behind the elbow..

In my own home the Titan easily best two Hsu STF-2s co-located.

I'd like to think Mike once again for sending the Titan for our listening pleasure.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2004, 03:59 pm »
Chris:

Thanks for posting. About how many people attended the GTG?

tex-amp

« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2004, 05:01 pm »
We had 28 at lunch but with those coming and going I'd guess around 35.

For those interested there are more pictures here.

Boxes of all the equipment I had stuffed in my van.

thugh

« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2004, 05:09 pm »
Tex-amp,

Is there a thread for the listening session?

Thanks,

Craig Chase

Hi Ya Tom ...
« Reply #12 on: 8 Jan 2005, 02:39 pm »
Tom, I talked to Curtis Chang yesterday... he is hoping to get to your place to check out the Maestro with your Lexicon ...

THAT has to be a killer system ... You have SIX Panoramas ? VERY nice ...

thugh

« Reply #13 on: 8 Jan 2005, 07:53 pm »
Thanks Craig,

Yep 6 Panoramas and an Essence for the center along with my ACI subs.
Sounds awesome!  Just watched I Robot this week, bass was incredible!
The Lex with room eq seemed to be able to dial in the 3 subs with quite well and I am very happy.

Talked to Curtis about having him over before the holidays but this time of year is tough.  Hopefully soon.

csc

« Reply #14 on: 18 Jan 2005, 12:34 am »
I have problems visiting places that over look the ocean and have nice sound systems......just do not want to leave!  :lol:

Tom...we can work out our schedules soon.

Hantra

« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2005, 02:26 am »
Quote from: Inscrutable
Mike,
Do you know any non-AC'ers here in NC with ACI speakers?  No one in our local Circle does.  But we certainly welcome interlopers, miscreants and indigents with open arms.  Oh, wait ... those are the members :wink:

I'd like to hear some ACI's myself. . .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2005, 12:45 pm »
Quote from: Hantra
Quote from: Inscrutable
Mike,

I'd like to hear some ACI's myself. . .

If someone wants to put together GT we could send speakers. The new Sapphire XL would be perfect . . . .

rguerra

« Reply #17 on: 19 Jan 2005, 03:40 am »
Mike,

Please keep us posted if there is ever an opportunity to listen to the Jag/LFM in the greater Los Angeles area.  Any chance that your friends at Upscale Audio might ever have a pair to audition?

Thanks,

Rod

thugh

« Reply #18 on: 19 Jan 2005, 04:45 am »
Quote from: rguerra
Mike,

Please keep us posted if there is ever an opportunity to listen to the Jag/LFE in the greater Los Angeles area.  Any chance that your friends at Upscale Audio might ever have a pair to audition?

Thanks,

Rod

Mike I second that!  :mrgreen:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #19 on: 20 Feb 2005, 02:09 am »
Quote from: rguerra
Mike,

Please keep us posted if there is ever an opportunity to listen to the Jag/LFM in the greater Los Angeles area.  Any chance that your friends at Upscale Audio might ever have a pair to audition?

Thanks,

Rod

Rod:

My apologies, I completely missed this post . . . Kevin and his crew at Upscale are first rate people. I really didn't know Kevin until we did the Vegas CES together . . . Daren and Greg of DH Labs facilitated that gig. Since we sell direct, I'd have a hard time asking Kevin to "just show them for the fun of it" . . . he's got to pay his bills and I'm sure has his own fine lines of speakers that he represents.