SS 9.5's in Carpathian Elm Burl with "fireburst" finish

jsalk

Re: SS 9.5's in Carpathian Elm Burl with "fireburst" finish
« Reply #60 on: 13 Mar 2019, 05:45 pm »
Wondering why the CC be so big closer to SS line. I was thinking it would be smaller than SS line.

Why cannot this CC be closer to song 3 CC with 5 inch woofers and Be AT combination?

Never designed a speaker, so please realize my arm chair speaker design "ideas" :lol:

It could certainly be done with 5" woofers.  But at the price that would be involved, people would want it to be able to play as low as possible.  Thus, 7" drivers make more sense philosophically.  But 6" drivers may also be a possibility.  We are testing those now so we'll see.

- Jim

Yomaha

« Reply #61 on: 13 Mar 2019, 09:20 pm »
Sorry to pile on with the hypotheticals for speaker designs from another armchair QB, but would it be possible to do the BeAT's with the 9.5" woofer from the Encores?  The smoothness of the BeAT's really appeals to me, but I find myself weighing that against the 25hz of the Encore's.

ddps

• Salk SS 9.5 / McIntosh MA8900 / Auralic Altair
« Reply #62 on: 13 Mar 2019, 10:04 pm »
Sorry to pile on with the hypotheticals for speaker designs from another armchair QB, but would it be possible to do the BeAT's with the 9.5" woofer from the Encores?  The smoothness of the BeAT's really appeals to me, but I find myself weighing that against the 25hz of the Encore's.

That's pretty much what the SS 9.5 is, although the 9.5 has passive radiators and an open-backed midrange....

JonnyFive

« Reply #63 on: 13 Mar 2019, 10:23 pm »

These are tuned to 25 hz as well.

jsalk

« Reply #64 on: 14 Mar 2019, 02:37 pm »

As ddps stated above, that is pretty much what the SS9.5's are.  While it would certainly be possible to do an Encore with the AT mid, we already have more models than I'd like and the addition of another one would just create confusion.  So if we did this, it would probably be on a one-off basis and would not be something we would add to our product mix.

- Jim