Linked Events

• Capital Audiofest 2011: 8 Jul 2011 - 10 Jul 2011

Capital Audiofest 2011

Capital Audiofest

Capital Audiofest 2011
« on: 4 Feb 2011, 11:42 pm »
The 2nd year of the Capital Audiofest is ready to go! Please take a look at the updated website and feel free to ask questions. www.capitalaudiofest.com

Don_S

Re: Capital Audiofest 2011
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2011, 01:52 am »
Sadly the Capital Audiofest ends on July 10 and the California Audio Show starts on July 15.  :(
http://www.caaudioshow.com/

That does not allow manufacturers enough time to schlep equipment from one coast to the other. It would be nice in the future if producers would cooperate and schedule events accordingly.  Everyone would win if manufacturers were not forced to choose one show over the other instead of having a realistic opportunity to attend both shows.

I don't want to start a coast-to-coast civil war.  I am looking forward to the California Audio Show and I am certain others have an equal enthusiasm for the Capital Audiofest. I just think it would be better to have the maximum number of exhibitors at each event.

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2011, 08:17 pm »
I was kinda bummed about that too.  I had been hoping to do both shows, but it looks like I may not be able to do this one unless I manage to get two sets of gear moving around the country at once.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2011, 12:11 am »
A tight schedule, but not un-doable.  You would need duplicate sets of equipment too heavy to air freight economically, this may be a deal breaker for some and no problem for others depending on how you classify shipping economically.  Or if a dealer has only one set of some larger speakers, for example, perhaps one model in the line up west and another east.  There are ways to get it done if you really want exposure at both shows.   

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2011, 05:18 pm »
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91457.0

I have a thread discussing going on Saturday and going out to eat that evening.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2011, 02:24 pm »
I'm driving up from Fla and dragging a couple speakers with me.  :wink:

cheers,

AJ

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2011, 04:01 pm »
I'm driving up from Fla and dragging a couple speakers with me.  :wink:

cheers,

AJ

With your Avatar that should not be difficult :green:  Hope they are not real heavy.  There's a bunch of us around if you need help

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2011, 04:37 pm »
Ha ha. I'll use the force to move them around till I get to the hotel, then I'll use a handcart. Wouldn't want to scare the kids too much with objects levitating, my face is scary enough. :wink:
'preciate the offer though.

cheers,

AJ

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2011, 09:08 pm »
Are the speakers you are bringing the pics/drawings in your gallery?

MLS

« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2011, 09:48 pm »
I will be going.

Scott

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2011, 10:07 pm »
Are the speakers you are bringing the pics/drawings in your gallery?
:oops: Forgot about my gallery. Haven't posted there in a while.

No, more like this:

Subject to change prior to show :wink:.

cheers,

AJ

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jun 2011, 02:35 am »
It's next week!   Will be there!   :thumb:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #12 on: 10 Jul 2011, 11:49 pm »
Couple photos: http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/AJinFLA/Capital%20Audiofest%202011/
Didn't have much time to visit other rooms as I thought I would. There was a steady stream of traffic each day.
Had a blast. Got to see John Atkinson from Stereophile play bass with an impromptu jazz jam in the lobby on sat evening. Went down well with the Newcastles :D.

cheers,

AJ

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2011, 12:29 am »
AJ,
Great pictures!  Only missed a few of the rooms you have in the gallery. 

It was great to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.   New music is always a treat along the way.  Need to give the MA sampler a listen soon.  They gave that out with the entry registration!

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2011, 02:18 am »
Did you make it by the Soundfield room? I met a couple AC guys, but can't recall if you were one of them...sorry if yes....but a ton of folks passed thru...

cheers,

AJ

p.s. Letitroll from "Enclosures" was there today for sure :)

tesseract

« Reply #15 on: 11 Jul 2011, 02:30 am »
Couple photos: http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/AJinFLA/Capital%20Audiofest%202011/
Didn't have much time to visit other rooms as I thought I would. There was a steady stream of traffic each day.
Had a blast. Got to see John Atkinson from Stereophile play bass with an impromptu jazz jam in the lobby on sat evening. Went down well with the Newcastles :D.

cheers,

AJ

Those two ways in photo #16, are those yours? If so, could you tell us a bit about them?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 11 Jul 2011, 02:39 am »
Yes, I was in the Soundfield Room today.  I had on a light blue polo shirt if that helps.

Did not have much time as I had to leave the show by 1:30PM.  The demo piece that I heard sounded very good.  The problem is my ears were giving out from previous demo's!   :o

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #17 on: 11 Jul 2011, 03:21 am »
Did you make it by the Soundfield room? I met a couple AC guys, but can't recall if you were one of them...sorry if yes....but a ton of folks passed thru...

cheers,

AJ

p.s. Letitroll from "Enclosures" was there today for sure :)

Yes, and AJ's speakers were some of the most impressive sounding at the show regardless of price, and with what he told me the projected retail is, a screaming bargain.  Incredibly dynamic with bass to 20hz in a medium sized bookshelf.  While their main strength is Rock or Full Orchestral Classical, with which they can produce impressive sound levels, they also handled more intimate material with aplomb as well.  I heard some better speakers at 27 to 150 times the price, and some that were not as good but priced many multiples of the Soundfields, but nothing in my experience have the Soundfield's traits at anywhere remotely close to the price.  I'm glad I stopped in. 

mr_bill

« Reply #18 on: 11 Jul 2011, 04:40 am »
What speakers were these in the soundfield room?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #19 on: 11 Jul 2011, 02:54 pm »
AJ had the small ones hooked up when I was there and when asked said they were, "uhmmm, Soundfield 1's I guess".  From what AJ says this is all pre production exploratory stuff, so no firm marketing plan yet, again, this from AJ.  He noted a very positive response from the show crowd so hopefully this may change shortly.