Zu Audio Party in Atlanta (Part 2) January 21st, 2012

schw06

Audiophiles around Atlanta,
   Sean Casey from Zu asked me to co-host another Zu Audio party on January 21st. He will be coming to town and will be demonstrating his latest creation (Zu Definition IV). All music lovers and anyone that always wanted to hear Zu speakers but never had the opportunity should RSVP to me so that I can get a good head count. If anyone knows Sean, the party will be a serious music listening session with records covering the floor. Other Zu items will include the highly modified Technics 1210M5G with the Audiomods Rega tonearm and Zu Denon103 cartridge, the Zu Event cabling, as well as a pair of Zu Omens for anyone that has wanted to hear how far $1500 will get you in to the high end audio world.
   Other equipment will be: Eastern Electric Minimax Dac Plus (with upgraded opamps), Tube Research Labs Dude preamp, and amps that include Yamamoto, Decware, and 2 very special prototype amplifiers from great amp builders here in America. The prototypes will be a high powered T100(845) push pull and a 2 watt solid state amp. It will be great fun and I encourage you to bring your LP's. I am already expecting people to travel in from Tennessee and Florida. For anyone traveling a far distance, let me know and I can let you know about nearby hotels if needed.
   The party will be Saturday (Jan 21) in the afternoon from 12p-7pm. There will be time on Friday evening(20th) for anyone looking to have a serious audition of the Omens and there should be time available on Saturday evening for private auditions of the Definitions.
   Saturday night following the show will be a private gathering open to all current Zu owners (and anyone that purchases at the party). We will be having true Napoli pizza and beer and lots of music.
   Feel free to contact me through Audiocircle or directly via email dschwegman@gmail.com to let me know you want to come and I will give you an invitation, my address, and any other pertinent information.
David
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2012, 02:50 am by schw06 »

shadowlight

Re: Zu Audio Party in Atlanta (Part 2) January 21st, 2012
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2011, 01:03 am »
Sounds like fun.  I hosted a Zu tour in Jan 2010 and it was a lot of fun.  Will have to check out 2012 schedule and see if I can do it again  :thumb:

rockadanny

« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2011, 01:18 pm »
Woop-woop! :bounce:
Count me in!

Gopher

« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2011, 03:22 pm »
Sounds awesome.  I wish I were local to you, David!

After re-nailing my setup, my room changed again (staging to sell condo) and the SQ resulting from my room interaction is in the gutter again.  Would be awesome to hear SOTA Zu's with placement done perfectly.

schw06

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2011, 04:26 pm »
Fred,
   That sucks!! You should hop on a plane and come to the party. It's easy to lose $250 trying new equipment and for that money you can buy a plane ticket and hear what they should sound like, meet Sean and get his input, and meet Ron Williams who is the best setup guy I have ever met. He is a genius! Seriously, think about it. There are guys coming from out of state already and it is going to be a blast! What do you say???
David

rockadanny

« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2011, 04:54 pm »
Ron Williams ... best setup guy ... genius!
+1  :thumb:

shadowlight

« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2011, 05:31 pm »
Sounds awesome.  I wish I were local to you, David!

After re-nailing my setup, my room changed again (staging to sell condo) and the SQ resulting from my room interaction is in the gutter again.  Would be awesome to hear SOTA Zu's with placement done perfectly.

I sent a message to both Ron and Zu yesterday to see if we can get something going in the Princeton, NJ area.

David, sorry for derailing your thread.

mcoaggie

« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2011, 06:39 pm »
Awesome count me in too.  :D

-Owen

schw06

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2012, 04:04 pm »
Wow!! We have secured an unplugged concert that evening in my home by a musician that has written 4 number 1 hits. He will be playing a "storytellers" unplugged concert. Seating is extremely limited and is currently for Zu owners, anyone that purchases Zu speakers at the show in Atlanta, and a select group.
   I will disclose the artist later this week. The party should be a great time and wanted to make sure people contact me to RSVP for the show. We are having folks fly in from Michigan, and audiophiles from at least 3 surrounding states. Let me know who else wants to come so I can prepare for the right number of people.

gsm18439

« Reply #9 on: 5 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm »
As a recent acquirer of the Zu Def 4s (I upgraded from the Zu Def 2s), I advise anyone in the Atlanta area to make an effort to hear them. They are remarkable in so many ways.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #10 on: 5 Jan 2012, 02:39 pm »
We'll be there.  Looking forward to it David.

Bryan

schw06

This is starting to turn in to an industry event and I think there are more pros than consumers. For those that are still interested, the main attraction is a concert put on by Mark Selby(www.markselby.com) who has written four #1 hits. Apparently he will be bringing 6 guitars with him and performing a "storytellers" type show. Having seen him live before, it's going to be phenomenal.
   For all you music lovers and audiophiles, here is a list of the industry folks coming to the show:
1. Sean Casey-Founder and grand puba of Zu Audio
2. Jim Smith(Get Better Sound book and dvd)
3. Ron Williams(award winning setup guru from Zu/Avantgarde...)
4. Bryan Pape and Glenn Kuras(GIK Acoustics)
5. Taras Kowalczyszyn(Senior partner, Teo Audio)
6. Dr.Bradley Smith(amplifier designer showing his T100 push pull amp)
7. Lawrence Yeatts(amplifier designer showing his 2 watt solid state creation)
   Music lovers/Audiophiles are coming from Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, and Georgia so far. For anyone else that would like to come, please RSVP to me. I can provide local hotel info for anyone else coming from out of town.
David

Gopher

This looks like such an awesome event.  I'd LOVE to make it, but I think I need to save my money at the moment. 

We expect pics/coverage!!   :thumb:

blutto

...an audio house party...cool...

Cheers

blutto

zuguy

« Reply #15 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:07 am »
The coolest part of this Zu House Party in Atlanta; we will be demonstrating our favorite reference system...live music!  Mark Selby and his talented wife Tia are playing an acoustic concert.  Similar to the Atlanta House Party but this time he will be demonstrating various guitars (including some vintage electric gear).  That will be followed by an "non ampflied" concert with Mark laying down my favorite Selby tracks, including my voicing demo tracks from "The Horse You Rode In On"!!!  Can't wait to be there!

TomS

« Reply #16 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:26 am »
This is shaping up to be a terrific event.

I'm really looking forward to meeting a few new people and hearing some live music too :thumb:

See you there!

Tom

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #17 on: 19 Jan 2012, 01:40 am »
We recently spent some time with S & G (Zu guys) one night during THE Show in Vegas and I had to say the new Zu Def IV is really something else.

With just 16W from our Melody AN211 and the magic performed by Michael Mercer, the night was a memorable one.

The bass was tight and fast...probably the best I've heard so far from any speakers.

You guys are in for a treat.

rockadanny

« Reply #18 on: 19 Jan 2012, 03:46 am »
Only a couple of days away ...  :drool:

schw06

« Reply #19 on: 19 Jan 2012, 11:00 pm »
Reminder to folks: the party starts at noon on Saturday. Please contact me for my address/driving directions if you need them.
David