Need help, again....OppO BDP 105 Analog outputs and HDMI????

Austin08

Re: Need help, again....OppO BDP 105 Analog outputs and HDMI????
« Reply #20 on: 9 Mar 2015, 12:47 am »
Check your Oppo if split hdmi set up is on. If it is then switch it to dual hdmi out.

Edit: i think I read your post to fast. My suggestion may lead you to nowhere.

RDavidson

« Reply #21 on: 9 Mar 2015, 01:53 am »
It doesn't appear that my AVR has a HDMI pass thru mode, which is preventing me from setting everything up as I originally intended.  I want all audio and video to be passed thru the oppo while I use the pre-amp section of the Sony AVR and take advantage of the 6 HDMI inputs.  The sound on this Ol' Sony's analog pre-amp section is not terrible, but I much prefer to have as much audio and video processing done by the BDP105 as possible.

I may have to get a quality HDMI switcher.

Yes. I think if you want the Oppo to do all the processing for more than 2 external sources, you'll need a switcher. Should be pretty straight forward from there.

Sources to switcher. Switcher to Oppo. Then HDMI video output straight to TV. Oppo analog outs to Sony preamp inputs.

From there it's just a matter of managing all the ins and outs and remotes. A Logitech remote may be in order if you don't have one already.

Bear

« Reply #22 on: 9 Mar 2015, 05:04 pm »
Yes. I think if you want the Oppo to do all the processing for more than 2 external sources, you'll need a switcher. Should be pretty straight forward from there.

Sources to switcher. Switcher to Oppo. Then HDMI video output straight to TV. Oppo analog outs to Sony preamp inputs.

From there it's just a matter of managing all the ins and outs and remotes. A Logitech remote may be in order if you don't have one already.

Yep, my 'ol Sony AVR doesn't do 3D(I have yet to watch a 3D flick and will probably only do so once as I think it is gimmicky, though I have to reserve judgement at this point, I digress) or 4K(don't have a 4k display...) so bypassing it is optimal.  With a HDMI switch I will be able to bypass the Sony AVR completely since I have powered speakers at the moment.

As far as the remote goes, I'm working on setting up IRule...again.  Bad thing with iRule is that when you swap a component it can be a PITA.  I also have an old logitech universal that the volume up has perished.

I made a quick effort to test the BDP105 with iRule IP control last night and I am having issues getting iRule to work with the oppo via IP.

ebag4

« Reply #23 on: 9 Mar 2015, 05:13 pm »
With a HDMI switch I will be able to bypass the Sony AVR completely since I have powered speakers at the moment.
Be aware that if you pull the Sony out of the mix you will need to set the Oppo to convert SACDs to PCM so you will have a volume control, otherwise you will get SACD at full volume and possibly damage your speakers.

Bear

« Reply #24 on: 9 Mar 2015, 06:02 pm »
Be aware that if you pull the Sony out of the mix you will need to set the Oppo to convert SACDs to PCM so you will have a volume control, otherwise you will get SACD at full volume and possibly damage your speakers.

Ah yes, slipped my mind. :duh:  Thank You for that.  The knowledge and helpfulness on this site never ceases to amaze. :thumb: