New HT1's

mdfoy

New HT1's
« on: 29 May 2008, 04:52 pm »
I just ordered a pair of HT1's! Tell me what I am looking forward to. :banana piano:

fsimms

Re: New HT1's
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2008, 06:32 pm »
I just ordered a pair of HT1's! Tell me what I am looking forward to.

I have had some HT1's for 4 years.  I am still amazed at how well they sound.  They still excite me and make me say Wow!I went to the RMAF last year and listened to hundreds of speakers up to $170k.  I didn't find one that I thought was clearly better than my HT1's with my SVS sub.  Well maybe one pair of German $80k speakers. LOL  Jim Salk says that from 100 Hz up they sound like the HT3's.   My SVS has a 12" TC sounds driver.  The HT3's have had the 10" TC sounds drivers.  Every time I improve my system, I can clearly hear the improvement.  The Salks aren't limiting my system yet!

Most other speakers have more distortion and sound like you are listening to the music through a PA system.  With the Salks, you are in the studio with the performers.   Like Frank Van Alstine says the Salks keep the "Magic" in the music.

PS. Even without the sub they sound fantastic with music. On over 90% of the music, you probably couldn't tell much differnce.  I listen to TV with them too and only kick in the sub when I am watching a movie or get serious about listening to music.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2008, 07:06 pm by fsimms »

robinje

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2008, 07:01 pm »
Which of the SVS subs are you using with the HT1's?  Thanks.

I just ordered a pair of HT1's! Tell me what I am looking forward to.

I have had some HT1's for 4 years.  I am still amazed at how well they sound.  They still excite me and make me say Wow!I went to the RMAF last year and listened to hundreds of speakers up to $170k.  I didn't find one that I thought was clearly better than my HT1's with my SVS sub.  Well maybe one pair of German $80k speakers. LOL  Jim Salk says that from 100 Hz up they sound like the HT3's.   My SVS has a 12" TC sounds driver.  The HT3's have had the 10" TC sounds drivers.  Every time I improve my system, I can clearly hear the improvement.  The Salks aren't limiting my system yet!

Most other speakers have more distortion and sound like you are listening to the music through a PA system.  With the Salks, you are in the studio with the performers.   Like Frank Van Alstine says the Salks keep the "Magic" in the music.

PS. Even without the sub they sound fantastic with music. On over 90% of the music, you probably couldn't tell much differnce.  I only kick in the sub when I am watching a movie or get serious about listening to music.

fsimms

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2008, 07:12 pm »
Which of the SVS subs are you using with the HT1's?  Thanks.

I am using the SVS 12 Plus/2 sub.  They don't use the TC Sounds woofer in them any more.  I don't know how good the new woofer is. 

The TC Sounds woofer has so little distortion that nobody believes that the sub is turned on even when their elbow is hitting it by their chair.

PS. My TACT 2.2x room correcting preamp is used for the sub crossover.  That it what makes the combo work well.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2008, 07:35 pm by fsimms »