Pumpkinman’s "Rock and Roll" thread.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
Re: P-Mans "Rock and Roll" Vinyl LP page
« Reply #3760 on: 14 Oct 2014, 08:04 pm »

Hi Toni

The least we can do is wave to each other.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3761 on: 14 Oct 2014, 08:09 pm »

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3762 on: 14 Oct 2014, 08:10 pm »

pumpkinman

« Reply #3763 on: 14 Oct 2014, 08:38 pm »

John Entwistle ~ Rigor Mortis Sets In

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3764 on: 14 Oct 2014, 10:44 pm »

Joe Walsh:  Barnstorm,  '72,  MCA

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3765 on: 14 Oct 2014, 10:48 pm »

ArthurDent

« Reply #3766 on: 14 Oct 2014, 11:18 pm »

David Crosby - Graham Nash:  Whistling Down The Wire,    '76,  ABC

Hi Laura....... :wave:   

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3767 on: 14 Oct 2014, 11:41 pm »

Hi Laura....... :wave:

Hi JD,  :wave:

This is what I listened to last night. I hope you are doing well.

Laura

ArthurDent

« Reply #3768 on: 15 Oct 2014, 12:14 am »

Savoy Brown:  Blue Matter,  '69, Parrott/London Records

Hi JD,  :wave:

This is what I listened to last night. I hope you are doing well.

Laura

Hanging in, so far. Sounds like you had a good visit with the family, and enjoyed RMAF. One of these days I'll have to try and make that one.

Hope all goes well on the right side of the mtns, got to get over for a visit before long. Will check in first to see if you might be available for a visit while I'm there.

JD  8)

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3769 on: 15 Oct 2014, 12:19 am »

Hanging in, so far. Sounds like you had a good visit with the family, and enjoyed RMAF. One of these days I'll have to try and make that one.

Hope all goes well on the right side of the mtns, got to get over for a visit before long. Will check in first to see if you might be available for a visit while I'm there.

JD  8)

You are always welcome over here. Let me know since I travel a lot. I had two very quality evenings with the grandkids. RMAF was more about the people this year than the gear. It was my 10th straight and the last 3 or 4 have been more about the people than the gear. I always find a few albums to buy too.

Laura

ArthurDent

« Reply #3770 on: 15 Oct 2014, 12:30 am »
Just finished up Savoy Brown's Hellbound Train

A classic Pman. Inspiration for me to dig into my Savoy library.  :thumb:

PS  Give Mad Dog Cody a scratch for me.

pumpkinman

« Reply #3771 on: 15 Oct 2014, 01:23 am »
A classic Pman. Inspiration for me to dig into my Savoy library.  :thumb:

PS  Give Mad Dog Cody a scratch for me.

Cody says hi AD ??   :lol: :lol: :lol:

WC

« Reply #3772 on: 15 Oct 2014, 02:39 am »

Silence Yourself - Savages

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #3773 on: 15 Oct 2014, 03:34 am »

SS $5.00 Hell of a deal. Couldn't pass it up.

Doc

ArthurDent

« Reply #3774 on: 15 Oct 2014, 06:40 am »

Van Morrison: A Sense Of Wonder,   '84,  Polygram

ArthurDent

« Reply #3775 on: 15 Oct 2014, 07:29 am »

Al Kooper: Kooper Session  introducing Shuggie Otis,   '70,  Columbia

allmusic - Review by Lindsay Planer  [-]In 1969, producer, multi-instrumentalist, and vocalist Al Kooper added "talent scout" to his already lengthy résumé on the follow-up to the highly successful Super Session disc, which had been issued the previous year. One major difference between the two, however, is the relatively unknown cast featured on Kooper Session. Both albums again converge with the presentation of top-shelf musicianship and inspired performances. At only 15 years of age, guitarist Shuggie Otis is equally potent a performer as the seasoned keyboardist/guitarist Kooper. The duo is able to manifest an aggregate of material whose success leans as much on Kooper's experience as it does on Otis' sheer inspired youthful energy. The LP is divided between a side of shorter works (aka "songs") and a few extended instrumentals (aka "blues"). Kooper and Otis steer their house band, which includes Stu Woods (bass), Wells Kelly (drums), and Mark Klingman (piano). The tight arrangements aptly reveal Kooper's uncanny ability as a musical conduit. "Bury My Body" -- a variation on "In My Time of Dyin'" -- has been reworked into a gospel rave-up and features Kooper on one of the album's only vocals. Conversely, "Double or Nothing" is a spot-on re-creation of a Booker T. & the MG's track, which not only retains every Memphis-inspired intonation, but also shows off Otis' ability to cop Steve Cropper's guitar solo note for note. The blues instrumental jams are documented live and presented on this album the way that they originally went down at the recording sessions. The descriptively titled "Shuggie's Old Time Dee-Di-Lee-Di-Leet-Deet Slide Boogie" is endowed with a nostalgic piano/bottleneck slide duet and even features the added production value of manufactured surface noise. Both "12:15 Slow Goonbash Blues" and "Shuggie's Shuffle" are certainly no less traditional, allowing both Otis and Kooper the chance to stretch out and interact in real time.

pumpkinman

« Reply #3776 on: 16 Oct 2014, 01:12 am »

Al Kooper: Kooper Session  introducing Shuggie Otis,   '70,  Columbia

allmusic - Review by Lindsay Planer  [-]In 1969, producer, multi-instrumentalist, and vocalist Al Kooper added "talent scout" to his already lengthy résumé on the follow-up to the highly successful Super Session disc, which had been issued the previous year. One major difference between the two, however, is the relatively unknown cast featured on Kooper Session. Both albums again converge with the presentation of top-shelf musicianship and inspired performances. At only 15 years of age, guitarist Shuggie Otis is equally potent a performer as the seasoned keyboardist/guitarist Kooper. The duo is able to manifest an aggregate of material whose success leans as much on Kooper's experience as it does on Otis' sheer inspired youthful energy. The LP is divided between a side of shorter works (aka "songs") and a few extended instrumentals (aka "blues"). Kooper and Otis steer their house band, which includes Stu Woods (bass), Wells Kelly (drums), and Mark Klingman (piano). The tight arrangements aptly reveal Kooper's uncanny ability as a musical conduit. "Bury My Body" -- a variation on "In My Time of Dyin'" -- has been reworked into a gospel rave-up and features Kooper on one of the album's only vocals. Conversely, "Double or Nothing" is a spot-on re-creation of a Booker T. & the MG's track, which not only retains every Memphis-inspired intonation, but also shows off Otis' ability to cop Steve Cropper's guitar solo note for note. The blues instrumental jams are documented live and presented on this album the way that they originally went down at the recording sessions. The descriptively titled "Shuggie's Old Time Dee-Di-Lee-Di-Leet-Deet Slide Boogie" is endowed with a nostalgic piano/bottleneck slide duet and even features the added production value of manufactured surface noise. Both "12:15 Slow Goonbash Blues" and "Shuggie's Shuffle" are certainly no less traditional, allowing both Otis and Kooper the chance to stretch out and interact in real time.

Kooper Session
Al Kooper introduces Shuggie Otis

Great Album AD !!!!

Devil Doc

« Reply #3777 on: 16 Oct 2014, 01:36 am »

Doc

vinyl_lady

« Reply #3778 on: 16 Oct 2014, 01:44 am »

Doc

IMO, they deserve the RRHOF.

Devil Doc

« Reply #3779 on: 16 Oct 2014, 01:54 am »
IMO the RRHoF is bogus. Just read about the Smokey Robinson and the Miracles fiasco.

Doc