RIP rick craig of selah

Carl V

RIP rick craig of selah
« on: 23 Aug 2021, 08:20 pm »
It seems Rick Craig tragically had a heart attack this weekend. I am repeating this from another site.

Sonny

Re: RIP rick craig of selah
« Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2021, 08:27 pm »
Oh no!!!  RIP Mr. Craig!!!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2021, 08:45 pm »
Wow, that's really shocking.  I can't quite believe it.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2021, 09:05 pm »
So sorry to hear this! I met Rick a couple times and had a great time listening to some of his speakers many years ago at RMAF. My condolences to his family and friends... RIP Rick!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2021, 09:23 pm »
RIP - so sorry to hear that.  I was just thinking about him as I was rotating speakers from one secondary system to another, including a pair of Selah SA-2s.

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2021, 09:30 pm »
This type of death always takes one's breath away.  RIP Rick.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/in-memoriam/376162-rip-rick-craig-selah-audio.html#post6763088

Oh, and if you or anyone you know has chest pains, discomfort, difficulty breathing then get to a cardiologist ASAP.  Ask me how I know.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #6 on: 23 Aug 2021, 09:37 pm »
Oh man, I saw the title of this thread and it took me a few minutes to open it. He was way too young. My condolences to his family.

djpk

« Reply #7 on: 23 Aug 2021, 10:04 pm »
What sad news. I met Rick a few years ago at RMAF where I got to hear a speaker he designed called the 3D. He was very friendly and a great designer.

mgalusha

« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2021, 10:17 pm »
Very sad news. Rest in peace Rick.

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2021, 10:22 pm »
This type of death always takes one's breath away.  RIP Rick.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/in-memoriam/376162-rip-rick-craig-selah-audio.html#post6763088

Oh, and if you or anyone you know has chest pains, discomfort, difficulty breathing then get to a cardiologist ASAP.  Ask me how I know.

I second that for sure.  Last year (October) I drove myself to the ER (calmly with severe chest pain) and they flipped out after the 1st EKG and were going to air lift me to the heart hospital (and it still hurt after I had morphine and a nitro patch).  Just before they were about to call for the helicopter, they figured it was pericarditis (https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/pericarditis/what-is-pericarditis) and kept me overnight.  They put me on meds for a few weeks (the same meds one gets for gout) and then went back to the cardiologist who saw me in the hospital and they ordered a nuclear stress test (I had a regular stress test probably just over a decade back, give or take), which I failed with flying colors (it felt like my heart was going to explode during the test).  Anyway, I went out to breakfast afterwards (had to fast for the test) and then they got a hold of me and told me they never saw a test that bad.  I was in the heart hospital ER by mid-afternoon (the Thursday before Thanksgiving) waiting for a room.  Had a camera put up the next morning and I had two arteries blocked 100% and another was blocked 80%.  During the week before, I rode my bike a few times (for 20+ minutes each time) and did some tree trimming up on a ladder for about half an hour.  The cardiogist almost fell over when I told him that.  Anyway, the surgeon visited me on Saturday and was all booked up so I had triple bypass surgery the Sunday before Thanksgiving

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2021, 10:37 pm »
Tragic news. I had seen Rick a few times at audio GTG’s and he was always easy to talk to especially with regards to audio engineering details and the like. His speaker design chops are excellent and they were always fun & neutral. He will be missed tremendously. My condolences to his immediate family.

RIP Rick.

Best,
Anand.

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2021, 10:48 pm »
Damn. Had the pleasure of meeting Rick at a couple shows, great guy. RIP.

Mudslide

« Reply #12 on: 23 Aug 2021, 11:00 pm »
My condolences to Rick's family and loved ones.  Rick was a good guy and always willing to help.

RIP, Rick.

jmc207

« Reply #13 on: 23 Aug 2021, 11:02 pm »
Oh my, that's sad news. RIP Rick.

TomS

« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2021, 11:03 pm »
So sorry to hear this. I met him several times, and he was always gracious, and so very talented. I learned we both grew up in Ft. Wayne, even listening to the same local bands. My condolences to the family and may he rest in peace.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #15 on: 23 Aug 2021, 11:19 pm »
Sad news. Condolences to his family & friends. Rest In Peace Rick.

Kishore

« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2021, 11:31 pm »

Truly shocking! I was meaning to email him to discuss recent designs- loved his speakers and 'KISS' philosophy. A straight shooter and IMHO did not promote himself too much. Sad to see him go.

RIP.

Regards,
Kishore

goskers

« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2021, 11:43 pm »
Very sad to hear. I never met Rick but have been aquatinted with him back from the Madisound days.

Rest In Peace. 

groovybassist

« Reply #18 on: 24 Aug 2021, 01:39 am »
Really sad news.  Rick was a generous guy with his designs and time.  RIP Rick; condolences to his family and friends.

jonbee

« Reply #19 on: 24 Aug 2021, 04:25 am »
Sad, indeed. I bought speakers and had dicussions with him several times. a real pro, and a fine person.