How much would you charge to make a set of Criterion cabs?

Marbles

Since you work with Danny on many projects, and since the early reports are VERY good on the Criterion, how much would you charge to make the cabinets for us that are woodworking challenged.

Just general pricing, including wraparound veneer.

Also IIRC, you volunteered to make some Alpha cabinets.  Can you elaborate on prices for these?

Lastly can you post some more pics of some furniture or cabinets you are most proud of?  

Sorry to ask so much in one post.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2003, 02:14 am »
Rob,

I was just talking this over with my father today! :)  I'm having a little trouble finding 1.25" MDF around here.  I can get 1" and 1.125" MDF just fine.  I'm hoping Danny will go for the 1/8" thinner material.  I doubt it will make much of a difference in cabinet resonances or rigidity.  Let me talk things over with Danny concerning the MDF issue and I'll let you know.

Concerning the Alphas, I'd originally said that we could build them for $1600/pr., but after building 3 pair, I'd have to say $2000/pr. would be more like it.

I'll see if I can find some other interesting pics laying around that I can post.  We just finished a pair of A/V-3's today for in shop demo's.  I'll have some pics of them in a few days.  Maybe some pics of my subs.  If you've seen the ACI LE series cabinets they look very similar to those.  They have three parallel 1/4" wide grooves routed all the way around the cabinets.  Then I painted them with a black eggshell finish.  Each sub houses a single SV12 driver.

I also bought an unfinished Cheval (sp?) mirror for my wife for Christmas.  My dad finished it in red mahogany dye with a semi-gloss polyurethane finish.  It's nearly an exact match to our Pennsylvania House Cherry bedroom furniture.  Oh, and there's the TV stand that we built for the shop.  I'll have to get some pics of that as well.

Brian Bunge

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2003, 06:31 pm »
OK, I've talked things over with Danny and we've worked out the pricing. Danny gave me the go ahead for the 1.125" MDF. There's just not going to be any issues with cabinet flex with such small panels.

So here goes. The Criterion cabinets will be $200 each in either oak, maple or cherry finishes. No upcharge for maple or cherry. We'll be doing the full veneer wrap just like on the A/V series cabinets. You can also purchase matching stands for an additional $199/pr. Danny will be updating his website so that orders can be placed directly through him.

If there are any questions just let me know.