nx studio flat packs

DJB

nx studio flat packs
« on: 12 Feb 2023, 05:40 pm »
are they available no-one answer email

KTS

Re: nx studio flat packs
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2023, 06:20 pm »
I was told yesterday they are about a week out, I ordered the kit from GR,  but it might be a bit on the flatpack.

Thank you, Kelly

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2023, 06:33 pm »
are they available no-one answer email

I would reach out to Jay (captainhemo) or Don (Endo2112) via DMs if you can.

DJB

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2023, 09:18 pm »
i used captainhemo@shaw.ca. from website can these be ordered from gr

Zitoun

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2023, 03:08 pm »
Hello,

I am not clear what this kit includes.
Doo you have a flatpack of mdf baffle or walnut for example ?
i it all included in the price ? is it allm mounted and just have to take care of the electronics ?
It is very uncleart waht is included and what needs to be done.

https://gr-research.com/product/nx-studio/

Thanks,

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2023, 04:56 pm »
My flatpack included everything in mdf including front baffle, but didn't include a board for crossover. I'd recommend go to home depot and get a little 6" piece of 1/4" hardwood board for that as it made my crossover super easy to mount inside. Then all you have to do is glue and clamp that sucker together and finish it however you'd like with veneer or painting. Watch some of PeterJ's videos on assembly of the NX-Studio flatpack as it really does help make sense of the process.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2023, 05:16 pm »
Hello,

I am not clear what this kit includes.
Doo you have a flatpack of mdf baffle or walnut for example ?
i it all included in the price ? is it allm mounted and just have to take care of the electronics ?
It is very uncleart waht is included and what needs to be done.

https://gr-research.com/product/nx-studio/

Thanks,

When you order the NX Studio Monitor from GR you have the option of getting a baffle in MDF or hardwood or no baffle. If you order one of the baffles from GR you get the baffles and a set of cabinet plans. You have to cut the rest of the pieces for the cabinet.

The flatpacks come from a different source. Jay and Don make those and they are only MDF. The flatpack includes all the pieces to build the cabinets precut and ready to glue up.

The baffles from GR are not compatible with the flatpacks from Jay and Don. This means if you want a solid hardwood baffle you will have to cut the rest of the cabinet pieces yourself.

Zitoun

« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2023, 08:58 pm »
thanks, so it means that you only have th front panel of the cabinet delivered and the parts, but you need to buy MDF and cut it to the diffenrent pieces diemenstions, and paint it, is that correct ?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2023, 09:20 pm »
thanks, so it means that you only have th front panel of the cabinet delivered and the parts, but you need to buy MDF and cut it to the diffenrent pieces diemenstions, and paint it, is that correct ?

correct